• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silverlight and RH

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating deploying help written using RH 8 for an application written using Silverlight.  Does anyone have input on this situation?  What works and what doesn't?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Uhhh, so are you wondering what will be involved in linking to your RoboHelp from a Silverlight app? If so, I might guess that it will depend on where the Silverlight app runs. If it's server based, you probably want WebHelp, FlashHelp or even Web Based AIR Help. But if the Silverlight app runs locally, you might want CHM or installed AIRHelp. So your first step is to determine what type of help you will be supplying.

I suppose you might also be asking how to include Silverlight content from inside a RoboHelp topic? Not sure what to advise there. At one point I heard Silverlight was proclaimed to be the big "Flash Killer". But I don't believe that ever materialized. Frankly, I'm surprised to hear someone is using it to develop applications!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick -

I now have a little more information:  the Silverlight application is going to be hosted on a server and then run on the client.  This is a full screen Silverlight application (no HTML).  So, the developer wants the help content to be contained in XML files NOT HTML files.

I have made several attempts to get the complation results desired with no luck.  The XML Output creates an XML file that points to the content, but the content is in HTML only.

The developer wants to control the display of the content and does not want a browser window to pop up.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp