• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Books from Barnes & Noble not showing up in ADE or computer

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded 11 free books from Barnes & Noble classics.  They went directly to my Nook, but they're not showing up in my ADE library.  Also, I've done a search on my computer, and can't find them there anywhere either.

About a month ago I downloaded a lot of books from B&N, and they were in my ADE library and also on my computer under My Digital Editions.  In the meantime, my computer has crashed and I had to reinstall the operating system (Windows XP).  I can understand these old files not being there, but why aren't the new books showing up.   I have downloaded library books before and since the crash and they show up in my ADE and under My Digital Editions.

Have I missed a step or ??????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of ADE does not support reading books purchased from B&N.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I'm remembering correctly, the books themselves should show up on ADE, even though I can't open them and read them.  Also, shouldn't they be somewhere on my computer - - like in the My Digital Editions Folder or My Documents folder.  I know they were before my computer crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, none of the books I've bought on Barnes and Noble are on my computer in the My DE folder (or anywhere else that I can find).  There are annotations and thumbnails but not the actual book files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines