Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interaction between hhActiveX and Microsoft security update KB912812

New Here ,
May 04, 2006 May 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Last week a new Microsoft update (KB912812) was installed on our compagny's computer. For consequences, we notice on our html help products :
- a script error appears when we open the .chm file
- glossary doen't work (no more list)

Do you have the latest version of the hhActiveX.dll file which resolve this problem. Thanks.

Note : version 13.10606.0 of hhActiveX.dll is actually effective on our computer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can't help me ?? please ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manoun,

I installed that particular Windows update on 18 April, and have the same version of hhActiveX.dll. I can open my .chm files without any script errors, and the glossary is working correctly.

Has anything else changed in your setup that might be causing these problems?

Are you opening the .chm file from your hard drive?

Sorry I can't be of any more help, but it looks like something else must have changed in your environment.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer
Unfortunately, I have no idea of what changes on my computer. All I know is that the problem appears the same day when the update was installed.
Yes, I open the .chm file from an office server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHMs installed on a server will give problems as described in this topic. Click here.

However, that should manifest itself in a different way.

Move the CHM to your hard disk first and see what happens then.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2006 May 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I tried what you expected and results are the same.
I always have a script error "This object doesn't control properties ..."

Do you have a newer version of activeX ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2006 May 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am in Iceland on holiday so I don´t have any version.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2006 May 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manoun,

Since Peter is on holiday (lucky man!), you've got me again.

What version of RoboHelp are you using? If it's X5, have you downloaded the X5.0.1/X5.0.2 updates?

I've checked again and see that the version of HHActiveX.dll in my RH Redist directory is actually 13.10.801.0, so maybe that's the problem after all.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne

Thanks for your mail. For updates, I will check as soon as macromedia server is avalaible.
For your version of hhactivex, can you tell me where I can found it ?

Manoun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Manoun,

I can only assume that the version of HHActiveX.dll in my RH Redist directory is the one that was downloaded with the X5.0.1 update. I certainly haven't obtained one from anywhere else. The version that we have been delivering to clients is 13.10.606.0, and nobody has complained about the glossary not working, or about script errors. Very strange!

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp