• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any options for using Captivate on Windows 2003?

New Here ,
May 15, 2006 May 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate but I must get a demo done by Friday. I installed on Windows 2003 where the software I am demo-ing is installed. Now I find that 2003 is not supported. Can anyone suggest (quickly!) how I can use Captivate to do my demo?

I am not savvy at all with demo software, so please be specific. Thank you!

Janise
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janise and welcome to the community

Um, what exactly is Windows 2003? Are you perhaps talking about Windows 2003 server or are you talking about the Vista beta? Either way, I suppose you are beyond the realm of officially supported operating systems. Captivate only works with Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Click here to see the specs

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

One thing you might be able to do is to grab screen captures from the unsupported OS and manually build your demonstration this way. You simply create a blank movie, then add slides as needed. Insert screen captures where needed, then turn on the mouse movements and set the stop points.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Windows 2003 Server Edition.

So, might it be possible to run the software on my XP system, open a remote desktop on the other computer, and use Captivate in its usual fashion. I will need to do a "movie", voice overs, and add some power point slides.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Janise

Yes, as long as you can display what you need on the XP desktop, you should be good to go.

Keep in mind that your best result will likely be obtained by creating the voiceover as a separate process and not while you are recording the initial movie.

Also, you may discover that the remote destop won't paint quite fast enough so Captivate will record "blank screens" here and there. Where you notice this happening, press the Print Screen key to force additional screen captures. It's always easier to delete unwanted slides than it is to re-create them when needed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the help. It appears that I can use remote desktop for this.
Janise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources