Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing a Captivate movie in streaming

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2010 Aug 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

Would appreciate receiving help in how to publish my Captivate movie so that viewers can view it while it's streaming and not downloaded before viewing  begins.

Thanks in advance,

DGR2

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I may be mistaken here, but I think what you are looking for is a preload. So to set this (assuming you are using Captivate 5) click Edit > Preferences > Project > Start and End. There you should find the ability to configure a Preloader.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want a video in captive to steam instead of download first you need to publish to a Flash steaming server.  Then you can tell the captivate project to buffer (preload) down 20%, 30% and 40% so on before it starts to play, but to take advantage of this again you must publish to a Flash based streaming server like Adobe's Flash Media Server or an Open Source server based on Red5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there JimmyDotMac

Indeed that would certainly convert the Captivate output to a streaming video.

But wouldn't it then also be true that this would mean you couldn't really use any interactive features such as Click Boxes or Buttons or Quizzing? To the best of my knowledge these features aren't available in the FLV/F4V formats.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2010 Aug 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help so far. I think I didn't state my question clearly enough.

I have a Captivate file (a demonstration) that does not require the viewer to click anything. I would like to upload this clip to a site such as Youtube (in streaming fashion).

What do I need to do when publishing my film? Is a conversion process necessary?

Thanks,

DGR2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CP4 has the ability to export out to AVI, which you should be able to upload to youtube.  not sure about CP5 since it no longers exports to AVI but F4V. I am not sure if youtube will take F4V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all your help!

I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources