Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while opening a new project

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2010 Aug 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our team has been working on RoboHelp 7 for some time now. I recently joined the team and they had asked me to work on RoboHelp 8 and give them a presentation on the same. I downloaded a trail version of RoboHelp 8 and installed it.

Problem:

When I open RoboHelp 8 and select Application Help or Blank Project, I start getting errors (I have tried all other options too with no luck).

Process:

Open RoboHelp 8

Select "Application Help" under "Create New"

New Project.JPG

On Clicking "Finish"

The following errors occur

Error 1.JPG

And so on... It continues with a lot of other errors.

Any suggestion on how to open a new project with out these errors will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Calcasmy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2010 Aug 30, 2010

You wouldn't necessarily be aware of the problems when installing. Have you specifically checked with your IT that they do not store your profile on the network. That bit is important.

Then try http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/installing/installing.htm and see the Problem Installations section. One link helps with installs that have failed and the other removes installations more deeply than the programs own uninstall routine. You may need to install again for RevoUninstaller to work.

I sugg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed RoboHelp 8 with your own profile, did it have local admin rights attached? If not, uninstall and reinstall with local admin rights or get an IT admin to install it.

Otherwise, try creating the project outside your profile. Create it in say C:\MyProject

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I tried doing that too. Infact, I am not able to open the *.xpj files under the samples too. It gives me the same error.

I have not installed any updates or patches could that be a reason why i am not able to open. If so please suggest which patch or update I should install.

Thanks

Calcasmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot open the samples something is wrong with the installation. It could be permissions as I suggested or it could be that your profile is not local. If it is on a network drive, then any project you create within your profile, which is also where the samples will be located, will fail.

I think you need to involve IT in this one.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

My Situation

1. I am not on a network drive.

2. I am an administration on this system and hence have all the permissions needed (As informed by my company's IT Help Desk Support)

Talking about Installation problems. I did not have any installation problems while installing the application.

Downloaded the file into a folder. Extracted it and installed it.

Now, I am trying to uninstall it, i could'nt. I get a message that the program was uninstalled but the program still exists.

I tried running the installation file and then removing it... Same problem

I tried reparing the installation, Nothing happens.

I am confused and so are the IT Help Desk folks. They say that everything is fine with the installation expcet for the facts that is wouldnt uninstall.

Thanks

Calcasmy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn't necessarily be aware of the problems when installing. Have you specifically checked with your IT that they do not store your profile on the network. That bit is important.

Then try http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/installing/installing.htm and see the Problem Installations section. One link helps with installs that have failed and the other removes installations more deeply than the programs own uninstall routine. You may need to install again for RevoUninstaller to work.

I suggest you work with IT using either of the links.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thank you for all the suggestion. I will try uninstalling using the IT help and see if things can be done differently. I will keep you poseted with the progress.

Thanks

Calcasmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp