Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 2007 compatibility issues

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way of getting a presentation built in Windows 2007 to work with Presenter? I checked the system requirements for presenter and it doesn't list Windows 2007 as being compatible. Any help would be much appreciated.

P

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2010 Aug 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to our community.

Are you referring to Windows 7 or Office 2007?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOH yeah!

Presenter 7 is by far the most buggy version. What you will want to do is a fresh install. Before you open PowerPoint, install the uploads from this URL first:

http://www.adobe.com/support/presenter/

Once you have updated Presenter 7 to 7.0.1, update to 7.0.2, then update to 7.0.5. Besure to do the updates in that order.

Finally you should be able to open Presenter in PP. But wait, before you do anything you still have to update to 7.0.6. To do this just besure you have a preexisiting PPT open, click on the Presenter Tab, click on the Help menu (down) arrow and select Updates.

Keep in mind you will need to then close your PP application to perform the updater. Yeah it is weird that you can only access the updater via an application being open to then having to close the app, to install the updates.

Anyway that theoretically should do it.

If not there is a thread on the forum that talks about Presenter being a disabled thread. I am sure someone will post the link.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an observation here. Doesn't it seem odd that updates have to be applied in a specific order?

It seems to me that if three updates have been issued to a product and the user hasn't applied any of them, the latest update should include the first two updates in the package!

Just doing some "stinkin thinkin" out loud... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is a pain.

I have noticed that Adobe has finally added the Presenter 7.0.6 patch on the download page [http://www.adobe.com/support/presenter/]

Now how in the heck is someone going to be able to update 7.0.5 if it isn't there. hehe.

I am sure it may take some more time for Adobe to fix the Office 2010 issue now. I'm begining to wonder if they have reduced the programers/development staff again. Heck with the bad economy now they could buy two for the price of one. hehe.

I sense a 7.0.7 patch on its way...(Just before the world ends in 2012?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, nah... 2012 is just where the Mayan child that was being punished made it before the teacher said he could stop writing as his punishment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well blood letting was all the rage then.

hehe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources