• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting Issue with Bullet/Numbered Lists

Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with RH X5, WebHelp output

If I create a numbered list and only want the first word to be bold, the system automatically changes ALL the text to bold. Formatiing looks accurate in WYSIWYG, however, when I view the output (eye glass icon) all the text is bold.

What can I do to correct/prevent this from occurring?

Thank you,
Eva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a style where the number is bold and the text is whatever but not where the first word is different.

Not something you can do in Word or HTML so I am not sure how you have managed to do in the WYSIWYG editor.

RH HTML or RH for Word?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output is HTML.

This actually does work in Word without creating a style sheet. Word will auto format or put the auto emphasis on the first word after you have manually done the first few.

What I do not understand is why it looks correct in WYSIWYG until you go to the view mode.

Any ideas? suggestions? The intent behind this formatting is to help the user scan through the data and pinpoint sections by the leading bold word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was whether you are using RH HTML or RH for Word, not what the output is.

I suspect it is RoboHelp for Word and that would explain the difference. You have got Word to work that way but it is not something that translates to HTML.

I understand the requirement. I address it by using tables as then the reader can scan down the left column without their eye getting distracted by the general text. Set up a table and a list, then see how much quicker it is to scan a table. Of course, your content may be different and that may not be appropriate.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter,
I'm using RH HTML. Thank you for the feedback & suggestion - I will try laying out the information in a table. I appreciate your response!

Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp