• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Coldfusion Builder vs Dreamweaver?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Dreamweaver CS5 with Coldfusion Server 8. Is there any reason I would want to buy Coldfusion Builder stand-alone?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Actually I would not say vs because I use them together.

Why CFBuilder

1. If you are developing apps. you are using SQL. This is very easy in CFBuilder
  2. CFBuilder recognize queries, variables etc. and automatically completes them
  3. Easy Debug
  4. Control over your server
  5. Easy to code features

Why Dreamweaver

1. CSS abilities
  2. Layout abilities
  3. Easy to edit HTML elements

There are many more reasons but those are the ones that I have at the first tought. So I use them together not vs.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is good info. Could you tell me more about some of the features? For instan

ce, why is using SQL easier in CFBuilder than Dreamweaver?  I connect to SQL all the time in Dreamwea

ver so having an easier solutioning platform would be great. Is there an interface for connecting tables and data together like for primary and secondary keys and relationships between separate tables? I like using Flash Builder 4 so is there an easy connection between CFBuilder and Flash Builder 4?

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex:

There are tons of reasons. Perhaps the fastest way to answer them to view one of Ben Forta's intro videos on Adobe TV.

That DreamWeaver can connect to SQL is a beautiful thing. ColdFusion takes it to a whole new level.

--Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, were you meaning to say that "CFBuilder takes connecting to SQL to a whole new level"? I'm not sure I'd agree. For many, they will find that in fact DW's query building features offer a lot more functionality than CFB's.

Don't get me wrong, folks. I'm a fan of a lot about CFB, and I agree with Bora who earlier in the thread pointed out that each has its strengths and weaknesses. But in this case, I'd not want to lead a DW person to CFB on any assertion of "better SQL building features".

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Besides Bora's great points (which I agree with), I'll point to a couple of blog entries that elaborate still more on why one might consider using CFB.

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2010/5/25/more_on_why_buy_cfbuilder_

(And in that one, I point to the other blog entry, from Adam Tuttle, which I was expanding upon.)

/charlie arehart

charlie@carehart.org

Providing CF and CFBuilder troubleshooting services at http://www.carehart.org/consulting

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation