• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the drop down text style is not listed in the styles pane in RoboHelp 8?

Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the background color used in my RH7 projects but cannot find the drop down text style?  Only the drop down hotspot style is listed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having problems in RH7 or RH8? Your title says RH8, but the description is RH7?

In RH7, when I select Format > Styles, opening the "Other" category displays 'expanding text' and 'expanding link' entries, among others. I don't have a copy of RH8 at the moment, but from memory you have to make a selection in the drop-down list at the top of the pod to view the RH8 equivalent of "Other" - I can't remember if it has a different name.

HTH

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe missed the body tag in RoboHelp 8. You can always open the CSS in Notepad or a CSS editor and edit it manually there.

HEX COLOUR VALUES

BODY {
   background-color: #ffffff;
}

RGB COLOUR VALUES

or

BODY {
   background-color: rgb(176, 224, 230);
}

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the quick response.  I searched everywhere for it .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooo, some clarification here.

Not trying to detract from Peter's fine observation, but are you wanting to generically change the background color of every page using the CSS? If so, why does your title say "drop-down" text style?

If I click Format > Styles and see the Styles pod, I have to click and choose All available styles and scroll the list in order to see the Drop-down hotspot style.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh... my bad

I see now that you already found the style and you are wanting to get at the text that appears. Sorry about that.

Must... Drink... Coffee....

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks....

The drop down hotspot style is still there. It's the drop-down text style that is missing. Thanks anyway for the quick reply

Marie P Affa

Manager - Technical Publications

Netsmart Technologies

(631) 968-2037

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no dropdown text style. A dropdown adds a div element to your page that you can show or hide. Inside this, you can use anything you want: paragraphs, lists, tables, etc.

You can style the dropdown and all text, but you need to think what you want to style. Do you only want to style text in paragraphs or do you want the entire hotspot to have a certain background colour? By editing your css in an external editor, you can accomplish anything you want.

For instance, to give all dropdowns a blue background, add:

div.droptext { background-color: blue; }

to your style sheet. (This affects all dropdowns!) To only give the paragraphs inside dropdowns a blue background, add:

div.droptext p {background-color: blue;}

to your style sheet.

Please tell exactly what you need, so we can come up with something.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for providing two points of learning. #1 - by opening the css sheet I gained an understanding of the code behind the styles; (I am not familiar with html code); and #2 With yours and Peter G's instructions I was able to change the background color of my drop down text.

Marie P Affa

Manager - Technical Publications

Netsmart Technologies

(631) 968-2037

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you Google for Top Style 3 you can still download the free version where the limitation is one CSS file at a time. You can always open another one in Notepad to edit it.

It is a great tool for working on a CSS file.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp