Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration Error 5

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've installed Flash Builder 4 downloaded from Adobe.com and activeted with a student license.

The installation went okey, but i cannot launch the application.

Every time I try to run it it throws a configuration error 5:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuraion Error

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe techinical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 5

http://www.adobe.com/supor/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've already installed and unninstalled ten times, searched adobe.com support sites, I even call the support center but i can't get it to work.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit

Adobe Flex Builder 3 runs perfectly.

Thanks in advance,

Alexandre Monteiro.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

IT WORKS! 🙂

Here is what I did to fix this:

-----------------------------------

* Uninstalled every Adobe software on my computer in the Control Panel (everything; Adobe Acrobat, AIR, Flash, etc.). Flash Builder could not be uninstalled though (got an error telling me to use the CS5 Cleaner Tool)

* Used the CS5 Clean Tool and selected "Clean All" http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html

* Using cygwin I deleted the following folders:

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\

- C:\Program Files (x86)\C

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on CS5 Master collection MAC.

Did you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find anything about it, but i got it to work by formating my pc and installing windows 7 x32... now everything works perfectly.

I tried to use adobe flash builder, illustrator cs4 and cs5, flash catalyst cs5 and none of them worked on windows 7 x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was experiencing the same problem, but I found a fix (Mac only, might also work on Windows):

- go to /Library/Application Support/

- delete the Adobe directory (completely remove it!)

- reinstall flash

I had Photoshop too, and it gave an error too (but it still worked) and it didn't require a reinstall.

Flash somehow had everything backed up and all my preferences were still intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the errors reported above, please see if you find any log files named "oobelib.log" or "amt3.log" if you look in your temp folder.

On Win, you can find the temp folder this way:

- open a command window, and type "set" to view the environment variables

- navigate to the folder defined by the envvar named TMP

On Mac, you'll generally find the temp folder here:

/private/tmp/

If you find one (or both) of those log files, zip them up and attach them to this thread. If you have any trouble attaching them, try sending them to me via private forum message instead.

Thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I had CS4 installed. I wanted to remove everything except DW, Device Central, and Extension Manager.I used the Uninstaller and removed what I could but the following are left behind and I can't figure out how to get rid of them:

• Adobe Drive CS4
  • Adobe Flash Builder 4
  • Adobe Flash CS4
  • Adobe Illustrator CS4
  • Adobe Photoshop CS4
  • Adobe Soundbooth CS4
  • Adobe Soundbooth Scores

Also, Flash CS4 won't run; which is ok, but I really want to delete all of these. I wanted to attach the file requested previously, but  I don't see how to attach the files to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the trial of eLarning Suite 2 on an i7 x64 box running Win7 (brand new install) and I get the error:5 when I try to run Captivate 5 from the suite. No trouble with Dw, Br, Psx64, Sb . . . I've unsintalled, reinstalled, uninstalled using the WinCS5Cleanupscript (although no trials were ever installed prior) - still get the same results.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One cause for this error can be permissions on the various Adobe folders. There's a KB article about that here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/827/cpsid_82744.html

That solution doesn't work for everyone though, so if you still get this error after trying those suggestions, please zip and attach the amt3.log file from your temp folder.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After installin the eclipse plug-in on abode flash builder 4, while launching the shortcut "Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in Eclipse Launcher"

getting the error message as configuration erorr:5,

Could you please help me how to solve this.

Regards

R_s_giri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, but I can't help you very much. I've never used the plug-in for

eclipse, I've always used the stand-alone version.

I got a similar error once, I never found the source of this but I

worked around by changing my windows from x64 to x32. In x32 every thing

worked great.

Good day,

Alexadre Monteiro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi r_s_giri,

Are you on Mac or Win?

There's a general troubleshooting matrix by error number on this page:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/834/cpsid_83481.html

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing on Windows Xp.

Regards

R.Seshagiri Rao

Workplace Packaging

Invesco Hyderabad

VOIP 7132148918

Direct +91 40 6604111 X1252

Mobile +91 9177791678

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible cause of that error is that some core libraries didn't get installed successfully.

Try running this subinstaller on its own, and see if that helps:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in\install.support\AdobeFlashBuilderPluginSTIWrapperWin\Set-up.exe

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2010 Sep 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reply.

I installed "Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in" silently by keeping the file "installer.properties" in which I mentioned INSTALLER_UI=silent.

This was worked.

Now how to uninstall this plug-in silently? Please help me on this.

Regards

R.Seshagiri Rao

Workplace Packaging

Invesco Hyderabad

VOIP 7132148918

Direct +91 40 6604111 X1252

Mobile +91 9177791678

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Now how to uninstall this plug-in silently? Please help me on this.

Normally, if you install silently then the uninstaller will run silently too, automatically.

That can be confusing though if you double-click the uninstaller, because there will be no visual indication that anything is happening until the uninstall completes.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the exact same problem ... thing is i've already used this trial a couple of times and i only have 10 days left . why is it suddenly not working ? i use windows vista if that matters .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chermayne, have you already tried using the troubleshooting matrix here?

If that doesn't help, please zip up those log files mentioned above, and we'll take a closer look.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Moorning everybody,

I had the same probleme and i use FLEX Builder 4 on Window 7 64bit.

In order to remake it  work  i re-installed Flex Builder on the current intallation without disintalled this one and  it work.

I hope it will work for u.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm getting this one as well on Win7 (64bit).

I  already have Flash Builder 4 installed (commercial license). Then I  tried installing Flash Professional CS5 (trial) and got the  "Configuration Error 5" when trying to run Flash after install. I  uninstalled and ran the Adobe CS5 clear script. I did this twice, same  error. I tried downloading Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection instead, same result with that one.

I verified the permissions for both the Adobe PCD folder and the SLStore folder, to no avail.

Any other hints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bjorn,

The best way to isolate the error you're seeing is to capture the log files described in this KB article:

If you zip up those logs and send them, we should be able to spot the specific problem.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2010 Oct 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, here are the log files I found:

http://dev2.bybjorn.com/cs5logs.zip

Thanks for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2010 Oct 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending those logs Bjorn.

I looked through those logs, and there are a lot of errors evident, so those should provide the right clues for identifying a solution. I'm sending these logs over to my colleagues on the Flash Pro and Licensing teams, for help with diagnosis, and will report back soon.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bjorn,

Our licensing engineer replied with this info:

"Either there is no pcd.db, or they can't read it, or the data from the installer is not there. Can you ask for the pcd.db file?"

He's asking to look at this particular database file, so if you could zip it up and post it alongside your logs, that would help. You should find that here:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\pcd.db

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://dev2.bybjorn.com/pcd.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2010 Oct 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bjorn - I've forwarded your pcd.db file to our licensing team for diagnosis, and will keep you posted.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines