• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash videos not working, show green screen

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all of my browsers (firefox latest version, chrome latest version, IE 8) flash videos on sites like Youtube and others will play audio but will only display a green screen (no video). I have updated flash "successfully" several times.

Also, I have tried uninstalling flash player several times but it never actually uninstalls, despite saying that the uninstall was successful. I have tried uninstalling on a clean reboot, with no programs running. What do I do?

EDIT: More info: On the adobe.com/software/flash/about page the flash video plays and the little box says "You have version 10,1,82,76 installed" so flash is definitely still installed. I also tried rebooting multiple times between uninstalls.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw a related question, disabled hardware acceleration, issue resolved. Still doesn't explain why I couldn't install, but that's ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, glad you solved your own problem  On the Uninstalling, removing it from add/remove or control panel/programs & features doesn't do it. In your case, glad it didn't since you ran the test, and Flash Player is working fine now(without the h.a)

If you ever need to Uninstall Flash Player, be sure to use the latest Uninstaller from Adobe since it changes each time a Flash Player Update is released.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

You can always find the latest Uninstaller just be looking at a few threads here on the forum.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines