Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Saving an interactive PDF at the client

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum and thank anyone in advance who can help me with my problem.

I have recetly made 2 12 page Interactive PDF's for my clients to fill in details and return to me.

I have a submit button to emial me the xml data which I dont mind at all as it is easy to import that data to the form itself.

My problem is that my Clients would like to save a copy of the form whilst they are entering the information as it is a lot of information for them to complete in one sitting and they only have Adobe Reader.

Can anyone help me with how do this as it would make my clients very happy.

Thanks in advance

NIk707

5 Replies

Former Community Member

There are two options for enabling local save of an interactive PDF:

1) The client must use Acrobat.

2) The PDF must be Reader-enabled. Reader-enabled is the term used to describe the server-side process of adding special rights to a PDF. With special rights a PDF behaves in Reader as if it were opened in Acrobat. There are a variety of rights that can be assigned to a PDF including digital signatures, commenting and markup, and local save. The product is to add rights to a PDF is called LiveCycle Reader Extension ES 2.

Steve

Former Community Member

Steve is correct .....but there is one last option. If all you wantt o do is save the form locally there is an option in Acrobat to Reader Extend the form for local save. This option restricts your distribution of the form to 500 users. Under the Advanced menu there is a Extend Features in Adobe Reader option.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

Sorry I forgot about this post.

How do I utilise and is it a part of livecycle ES2 the reader extension.

Thanks

Nikki

Former Community Member

Nikki,

LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2 is a component of the LiveCycle ES2 suite that is purchased separately or as part of a licensed package.

Reader Extensions has a web-based UI for applying rights to individual interactive PDF forms.You can build orchestrations that use Reader Extensions service operations to apply rights to interactive PDF forms or batches of interactive PDF forms also.

Steve

Former Community Member

Thanks Steve

I will look into acquiring it.

Thanks you

Nikki