• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mini-TOC in RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll upgrade from RoboHelp X5 to RoboHelp 8. For this reason I'm testing the trial-version of Robo-Help 8. Especially the new feature Mini-TOC is a great addition for our Online-Help (HTML-Help -> chm-Files). But the Mini-TOC really had to rack my brain over it. I'm worrying about formatting of Mini-TOC.

I know, that some settings can be done at the "Settings for Mini-TOC"dialogue. Also I investigated, that the Mini-TOC is connected to the Dropdown-Text CSS Style.

I want to format our Mini-TOC like the Mini-TOC in the Adobe RoboHelp 8 Help style (HTML Help of the programme), but there's no possibility to get the trigger-area formatted (the area where one can see the show/hide-text). So, how can I define a background color for the trigger-area, and how can I define this in that way, that it looks like in RoboHelp 8 Help. Also I want to define a symbol for the show/hide-trigger, that is positioned before the show/hide-trigger-text.

Also I've got a problem to change the trigger-text at the LNG-file ([MasterPage] MT_HideString=Ausblenden und  MT_ShowString=Einblenden). I use the german trial-version of RoboHelp 8 and it isn't possible to change "Ausbelnden" to "ausblenden". RoboHelp is going to autocorrect that. How can I disbale that?

I stated, that the Mini-TOC is connected to the Dropdown-Text CSS-style, but how can I define a seperate TOC-style. If I make changes at the dropdwon-text-style, this is going to have consequences for thr Mini-TOC and the Dropdown-text. I tried to define a seperate style for the Mini-TOC, but this one didn't work. RoboHelp ignored my defined Mini-TOC-style in the css-file.

Also I want to fix the width of the Mini-TOC. I don't want to have the width of the Mini-TOC resized when the help-window is resized. How can I set up a fixe width?

(I hope my english isn't to bad to understand.)

Kind regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I too have this doubt. Could anyone pls help???

Regards,

Jobin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some information about the mini toc at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm

To change the text, have you tried the old trick of first changing it 1ausblenden and OK that, then change to Ausblenden.

If that does fix it, please report the bug.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking about it, report it as bug either way.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a positioned textbox from the Insert>HMTL menu. I then placed the MiniTOC in the positioned text box.

Not sure if that helps you out any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you chunkee... it is working !!!!

Thanks again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cool beans. great to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp