• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Laptop Microphone - any suggestions ?

Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up to now I have been doing my voice overs onto Captivate v4 using a USB headset with microphone.

Despite spending a serious amount of money on a Sennheiser headset, the quality is just not good enough, especially after I have edited some of the slides a few times.

Someone has suggested the problem is more likely the USB connection between headset and laptop and I would be bettter of with a standalone microphone connected to my Laptop via the usual jackplug.

Does anyone use such a microphone and if so, could they recommend their make/model?

Noel

Staffordshire

England

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Noel,

I do use a USB-microphon and am rather satisfied with the quality, but only recorded with CP5. You can plug a headset right into the mic for monitoring. It is the Shure PG42, and aimed at recording voices. If  you want to listen to a recording, I used it for the video tutorial on Conditional Actions. Please do not pay attention to my accent, I'm not used to speak in English:

Customized feedback

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri,

I think your accent is fantastic....could listen to you all day!

I will check out the Shure PG42.

Thanks again,

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

I use this: http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=2010

It's called "Go Mic"

It's small, cheap (around 50,- € in Germany) and really good. No noise, crystal sound, direct monitoring,  small.

Best

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ishan,

I will check it out.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources