Expand my Community achievements bar.

Paper Forms Barcode turns gray in Reader.

Level 1

I have designed a form that contains a PDF417 barcode using the Paper Forms Barcode object.  I have both limited then number of fields that are included and limited the amount of data that goes into the barcode.  After "Extending Features in Acrobat Reader" and opening the form in Reader 9.3.4 when ever I change the data on one of the fields in the barcode collection the barcode blanks and becomes a gray box. The same form works correctly with Acrobat Pro 9.3.1.

What do I need to do to have the barcode field work in Acrobat Reader?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

The Reader Extensions function in Acrobat Professional does not include enabling an interactive PDF form for the PaperFormsBarcode object.

The barcode turns grey in Reader because the form does not have the barcode right. On the other hand, any version of Acrobat provides barcode encoding. If you want to distribute a barcoded form for Reader clients, you must use LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2 to apply a barcode right.

Steve

Level 1

Is it possible if a new barcode is created using lifecycle designer in an existing PDF , would that be dynamically generated in Adobe Reader and not greyed out?