Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot rights usage enable a LC form in Acrobat. Why?

Level 2

I've created a form in Designer (using an existing pdf) but when I try to enable usage rights in Acrobat, I get a message "This document could not be Reader Enabled". I can save the form on my computer but not on other computers.

Help for any help! I need to get my forms online by tomorrow.

Thanks, Marg

4 Replies

Former Community Member

What is the type (Acroform or XFA-based) and version of the source PDF?

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

I'm not sure of the source of the original pdf with which I had the problem. However, it doesn't matter what file I try to rights enable, I get the same message with all files. All my forms were created with Acrobat/Designer, usually from Word document, sometimes from pdfs. I've made 100s of forms, never had this problem before. All of a sudden, I get the same message with every file. "This document cannot be Reader Enabled".

Thanks!...any idea what might be wrong? .

Marg

Level 2

Steve,

Yes, I do get your point re the license. But I thought (and the article says this) that the license only applies to UNIQUE documents. So what you're saying is that I may have "Rights Enabled" more than 500 documents. I don't see anywhere where is limits how many forms you can create, you just can't distribute more than 500. But you can make as many as you want. So I should be able to physically rights enable as many files as I want. I don't see a limitation on that (unless I've missed something).

Unfortunately the person with the serial number is on holidays, otherwise I would call tech support (though it costs $40 just to talk to someone which I think totally sucks). A simple phone call would have cleared this up for me and when I called tech support the amount of time they spent with me on the phone, they could have easily solved my problem, instead of sending away a frustrated customer (who has already given them a lot of money).

irg...

thanks for the suggestion. It may be the case.