• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 - Search for index only?

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to configure the Search button so it searches only the Index?

I would like to simplify searches so they search only the names of the topics and any other topics added to the index.  (I used the Index wizard to create an index with only topic names.)

Is this feasible?

I'm using RoboHelp 8 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help...

Marion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want to disable the search that would find things the user would search on but might not be in the index and then provide an index that probably doesn't do one of the real jobs of an index, suggest terms the user might not think of searching on to find topics. Your call. I would leave it to the user to select the correct option. A topic could explain what to do and a user who badly needs the information will try both buttons.

There is no way I know of to make the search do that but you could deselect the search when you generate. I guess you could also go to the skin editor and change the text of the search button to Index.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp