Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE mac laptop help please

Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an intel based mac laptop OS X v10.6.4 and use Firefox v3.6.8. and downloaded the most recent flash player.  I am trying to read library epub books on my mac.  I have unintalled and reinstalled ADE too many times and I did it according to adobe's recommended steps.

Here is the problem; I install the app but no set-up assistant runs.  Furthermore, when I open the app, all there is is a black screen and nothing at all in the menu bar. No options, no nothing.  I tried adobe chat and they couldn't help.

note: I own a kindle and am aware that epubs "can't" be read on it. I would consider purchasing a nook or a sony if I could confidently get ADE going.

****Thank you for reading this and any help and advise is greatly appreciated****

~Jamie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE...I was able to successfully install the app on my imac.  Still having the same

problems with my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I have the same MacBook OS10 v10.6.4 I cannot download library books either on this laptop and have just posted the problem today. I can download and read library books on my older laptop which I replaced with this one. I hope someone can identify and fix this problem. Auntgwen1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2010 Aug 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This thread may be helpful or at least point you in the right direction to receive some help. I am totally unfamiliar with ADE or any of the Readers. I just search sometimes for answers for others:-)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/698321?tstart=0

Hope you find the solution.

eidnolb

Message was edited by: eidnolb   (link)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines