• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aluratek - libre - Main memory to SD card

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way in Adobe Desktop Editions to specify that I want to copy my ebooks to the SD card on my Libre as opposed to the main storage memory?

If not, can i simply copy and paste the "Digital Editions" directory from main memory to the SD card and delete the 'Digital Editions" from the main memory?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Response from aluratek, not a perfect solution to the problem but will do till something better comes along.

At this time, Adobe Digital Editions does not provide a feature to select where an ebook is saved. It is currently saved to the internal memory. However, you can copy the Digital Editions folder to your SD card and ebooks in that folder should open. You can also delete the Digital Editions folder on your internal memory because it Digital Editions will just install another folder the next time you save an ebook to your LIBRE.

Pete

Date: 24 March 2010 15:36

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just got a Aluratek Libre Pro and haven't even authorized it yet.  I don't want to authorize it until I know this issue can be resolved---limited number of device authorizations and all that.  My questions are, if you follow the advice asperger514 got from Aluratek:

• Would you have to authorize the SD card as a separate device in ADE when you copy the digital editions folder to it?
  • If you were to delete the Digital Editions folder in the internal memory and ADE creates another one in the Libre internal memory, don't you have to reauthorize the Libre?

I guess I don't know very well how device authorizations work---once you authorize a device can you use different SD cards in it to put DRM-enabled files on?  Is the authorization stored in the metadata in the digital editions folder or elsewhere?  Reading around on the web for different devices does not help; for instance, there was one thread somewhere else where people were talking about having to authorize the B&N Nook and the SD card they put in there separately... I guess this is a bigger issue with the Libre, because its internal memory is relatively small and an SD card is a must.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines