• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser tool bar not appearing

New Here ,
May 17, 2006 May 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a FlashHelp project for a web-based application. Everything's been peachy except for this one problem: When you open the help window from a link within the application, the browser window is not resizable and does not display the tool bar. I'm using only two windows in my project: the default "NewWindow" and another for the context-sensitive topics. The NewWindow properties are custom, and I HAVE selected Toolbar, Location Bar, and Resizable. Interestingly, while the tool bar and location bar do not appear in the context-sensitive window either, that window IS resizable.

My client has kindly forwarded me this regarding the OnClick event:

<td width="60%" nowrap valign="top"><h2 style="padding:none;margin:0px;"><a href="/help/welcome_to_ohio_sacwis.htm" tabindex="3" onClick="window.open('/sacwis/help/welcome_to_ohio_sacwis.htm','HelpAndTrainingWindow','resizable=no,width=800,height=600,toolbar=no '); return false;"

But I don't know where this bit if Java is. Is this something I, as the help developer, have access to? Or is this an issue I ask one of the application guys to correct? The Development manager has already told me this is a help issue, but I'm not so sure.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2006 May 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Betsy -

Actually, what you have there is a bit of html, with an onclick event.

The onlick event tells that brower to expect some JavaScript. There, it defines a new window, and that is where your developer needs to modify his call to your help page.

It runs off the page, but your developer is calling the window with a "resizable=no, width=800, height=600, toolbar=no" syntax. This will create the window that you describe, and those are the settings he will have to change.

Why he left it to you to fix, I have no idea. He should know better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp