• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing e-books on Digital Editions With An Iphone

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Digital Editions and txtr synchroniser on my laptop and I have both Stanza and txtr on my iphone.  How do I transfer my e-books from my laptop to my Iphone? Adobe says that the Iphone with Stanza is compatable and I have also read that I can read them with txtr on my phone. I also have Calibre on my laptop.

Looking forward to some help.

Many thanks

Roger Ward

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe says that the Iphone with Stanza is compatable" - I don't believe we did say this (if so could you please point out where), because this is not true.

For txtr you need to set up a txtr account an upload the files from your computer to the txtr web site (http://txtr.com/ click on Upload) so that you can see them on your iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast response. Firstly, if you open the help page for Digital Editions, down the right hand side is a link which says " Supported ebook devices." If you click on this link you come to a page which is titled Digital Editions Supported Devices, and it has 3 columns; manufacturer, device name, application or mobile. About halfway down the list you will see Lexcycle, Stanza, and Iphone application. In the paragraph above this list it does say that these devices are compatible and can be used in conjunction with Digital Editions to handle the files.

Secondly, I have downloaded txtr to my Iphone and the txtr synchroniser to my laptop. The instructions are all in German but I went to settings and signed in to my Adobe account and also filled in the other areas for my address etc. However when I clicked on the line for payment I just got a blank page. I opened the txtr synchroniser on my laptop and dragged 2 books into it a few seconds later I got the message "failed". I am wondering if, when I first downloaded Digital Editions and registered it with Adobe I created another account in Adobe and this could be creating a problem. What I am thinking of doing is unautherising my laptop, removing Digital Editions and then downloading it and reinstalling it again. What do you think?

Roger.

Roger A. Ward. roger.a.ward.uk@gmail.com

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:20:19 -0600

To: roger.a.ward@hotmail.com

Subject: Sharing e-books on Digital Editions With An Iphone

"Adobe says that the Iphone with Stanza is compatable" - I don't believe we did say this (if so could you please point out where), because this is not true.

For txtr you need to set up a txtr account an upload the files from your computer to the txtr web site (http://txtr.com/ click on Upload) so that you can see them on your iPhone.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the location on the Lexcycle information - it is a definite mistake that it is there, and I'll get it corrected.

I've never used txtr myself (Android, not iPhone user) , so I can't give detailed instructions on it.  I just know that it is currently the only RMSDK based iPhone that allows for content not purchased from their store to be uploaded.

I think the failed was most likely a network error.

Your best bet may be to ask on Mobileread - there have been multiple users there that have reported that they have successfully uploaded books (although they call the process clunky - see http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94078 ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines