• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distributing Objects

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2008 Apr 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added several text captions to a slide. I then move them around, so I get the order that I want. Then, I click the Distribute Vertically icon to get the right spacing. BUT, the captions change to a different order and I don't know why. It is not the original order that I created them, nor is it the new order that I made. I tried moving their position on the timeline, and then using the Distribute Veritically button, but nothing seems to work.

Can someone explain what is happening, why it is happening, and how I can stop it from happening? I want to create captions and put them in a specific order, then distribute vertically and keep the same order.

Thanks.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi larrynard

Sorry, no idea why it is happening or how to fix it. I nowadays do my captions, use left adge align to at least get them straight and then manualy adjust vertical position. Yes, I have also played with the timings and positions to see if that was where the problem lay, but no luck. Hoping for both our sakes that someone has an answer.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is extremely frustrating!  Anyone discover a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Captivate version, please? I just tried your scenario in CP4, but could not reproduce what you described, captions just distributed as wanted. To be more precise: there were identical (same style) and positioned on the same moment in the timeline. Then I let them come in at different moments, but distributing worked still in the expected way. This is puzzling...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 3.  The objects are all transparent tex captions.  I finally worked around by letting captivate order them how it wanted and then changed the text in each caption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version:    Captivate 4

I know that this post hasn't hand any response in over a year.  However, I'm having the same exact problem.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue is?  I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am pretty sure it was a bug.  The workaround I mentioned above worked ok for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources