• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attachments do not open

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added attachments, published for CD and ZIP. When attachment is clicked in the player, a new IE browser window opens offering the Attachment file name, but the "Click to download" link does NOTHING. No security pop-up messages appear.

How can users open attachments from a CD or from the bundled attachments in the published presentation? It may eventually be posted on a web server, but not now. I don't have a Connect Pro server. The statement below is from the Presenter 7 User Guide, and may be the solution, but I don't know how to use this info:

Important: Due to security restrictions added by Microsoft, attachments to presentations that are published locally instead of to Connect Pro Server may not be displayed properly in Internet Explorer. In Adobe Presenter, a presentation that has been published locally runs in Flash Player, and Internet Explorer considers it unsafe to download a file from Flash Player. You can work around this issue in two ways: use Connect Pro Server (or another learning management system) to publish the presentation, or make the attached file available for download through a web browser or network drive accessible to users, and use the hyperlink feature of PowerPoint to allow users to view the attachments. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Presenter/7.0/presenter7.0_user_guide.pdf

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If the output is Flash based (meaning you end up with SWF file(s)), you are likely seeing the Flash Player/Plug In blocking things.

If you are deploying via CD-ROM, what you may do is employ additional files that fool the Flash Player into believing the content is coming off a Web Server. The link below should reveal instructions for accomplishing this.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick, for your quick response. I'll use that method for deploying to CD.

I just cannot believe that I'm not able to send a link (such as DropBox), or a zip file, or self-extracting exe to my client so he can review the Presenter course I built. Still hoping someone has come up with a simple solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, can I use the Server-to-go method even if I do not want to burn

to CD? Is there a way to fool my IE into thinking that it's running off a Web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Sure, you could run Server2Go from your local drive.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a bug in Presenter that prohibits the Publish / My Computer / CD Package (with autorun for CD) finished project from allowing the user to download any of the attachments in your project.

I've tried it with IE and / or Firefox on lots of different computers. It is very frustrating.

I spent an hour on the phone with customer service. I'd love to hear from anyone that is dealing with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hollis

Have you tried the steps outlined earlier in the thread?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a known bug, per Adobe. I have an open case # 181783990 for this issue. They have tried to close the ticket twice, indicating it's a problem with IE only and that I should be happy with that.

They posted a new update for download (for Adobe Presenter 7.0.6 found here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4848). They told me to download it and the attachment problem would be gone with Firefox, GoogleChrome, etc. That is not a "fix." I currently have IE and no other browsers, and all of my clients use IE. Adobe says it's Microsoft's problem, but they will leave my ticket open and continue looking for a solution.

This is ridiculous. Presenter also does not work well with PPT 2007, let alone PPT 2010. I do not recommend using Presenter, and will discourage my customers also. There are other options, Adobe, and your market share will certainly decrease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem with both Presenter and Captivate for people who have IE.

I have instructed people to hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the item - that seems to work fairly well.

It seems to come down to indivual IE settings, while some people could open a PDF by just clicking, others have had to hold the CTRL key.  It may be opposite for a Word or Excel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure if this issue has been solved.

I had found this issue before but couldn't find the right solution from Adobe Presenter developer team and operating manual. I got upset a little bit.

Luckily, I found it by trial and error last year but just have time to share.

The attachment must be manually saved into \data\resources.

For example

1. When you publish your presentation, the file will be saved into your specified drive, e.g, c:\test\...

2. Presenter will create subfolders under c:\test\ automatically.

3. Now this is a manual process that I found. Save the attachment file that you want users to download in resource folder, :\test\data\resources

That's it!

Please note that, everytime you publish your presentation with attachment, make sure that you save the file in resource folder.

Yes, it's not the right solution but solves my issue.

I hope it will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources