Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access denied to ehlpdhtm.js

Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am generating WebHelpOnline and getting the following error in Internet Explorer on Windows 7:

Line: 2467
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Users/jsiwila/RobohelpProject/online-target/ehlpdhtm.js

This occurs on pages in which I use DHTML, but oddly, it only occurs when there are multiple DHTML links in the page.  If there is only one, I do not get the error message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which version of RoboHelp are you using?

Can you specify what DHTML links you're using? Does the problem only occur with multiple dropdowns, or do you use more exotic DHTML effects?

When does the error occur? When the page loads, when you click something, etc.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for responding. I am using RH7. The DHTML effects I use are drop-downs. The error occurs when the page loads. In spite of the errors, the DHTML effects work.

I may have found a solution. When generating, I had been selecting DHTML>Java Applet>Pure HTML. I tried selecting No Java Applet DHTML>Pure HTML. I am testing this change and so far the error has not appeared and I do not see unintended side effects.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your output should work fine when you select DHTML > Pure HTML. AFAIK, the Java applet was provided for older browsers that didn't support the DHTML correctly. This is not an issue with modern browsers. In RH8, the Java Applet is not supported anyway.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention that I believe even if you WANTED to use the Java Applet, it stopped working in version 7. I recall performing some tests trying to coax the Java Applet to work and it flat refused for me.

Not sure why.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Willam and Rick. I haven't quite finished verifying the fix, but I think it works and that you are right about the Java applet.  Unfortunately, I think using the Java applet is the default setting, and even if not, its appearance at the top of the list suggests it is.  Sounds like it is not an option in 8 so there should be no confusion there.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp