• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.1 is jerky and freezes?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to flash player 10.1 today and now i can't view anything it is extremely jerky and then freezes.  After this it will start again and repeat the same process over and over.

I've tried unistalling it and reinstalling it but i get the same thing happening everytime was wondering if anyone had any solutions to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Please read this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/657743   

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2010 Sep 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apalogize, I opened the the website you supplied it says that i am running flash player WIN 10,1,82,76

i also have a 64 bit operating system and am running windows 7 in 32 bit.

i hope this information helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the Info. Using IE, go to Tools, Manage add ons and look in Toolbars & Extensions for Shockwave Flash Object and make sure it is Enabled.

When you went on the test site, did you see the animation in addition to seeing the vs 10.1.82.76?

If you did then that means that Flash Player is Installed correctly and working.

What you might try is turning off the hardware acceleration feature which is turned on by default in vs 10.1.

You can go back to that test site and right click on the Flash logo, Settings and Display Settings and UN check the H.A.

See if that helps.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem with flash 10.1

The video goes jerky and freezes, audio is ok but the video reverts to a series of frozen images after about 20 seconds viewing.

I'm using Windows vista 32bit with vs 10,1,72,86 - I've had no problems with previous versions

problem is the same on IE8, Fire fox & google chrome

After reading various threads I have;

I've checked the test site and saw an animation

I've turned off hardware acceleration

I've checked that Flash is enabled in the web browsers

I've checked my video card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS) driver is up to date

This has made no difference to the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since you have done all that you have and are still having problems, I need to ask what video site? Youtube, one of the Facebook games?

Since Flash Player is a browser plugin, perhaps a plugin, or ActiveX Control from another program is conflicting. Also depending on what site you are having an issue on, you could check the system requirements. There are sites that require the Shockwave Player also.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2010 Sep 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eidnolb,

I'm getting problems viewing videos at http://mpora.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2010 Sep 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I went to that site and viewed the "Video of the Day" and had no problem other than the commercial (Coors) did not have sound. I have XP/SP3 IE6, FP 10.1.82.76 on the desktop. I also have a laptop with IE8,  and had no problem there. The Video played fine, no issues and the audio was great:-) I didn't check the system requirements since the site worked ok. I do not have Shockwave Player on either PC, so I would say that is not a requirement.

Since you are having the same problem with all browsers, it would indicate the same add on is conflicting. The first thing I always check is the Anti-Virus programs and their add ons in the browsers. Let me know which one you use. Also before Installing your current one, did you have a clean Uninstall of the previous one or ones?

Do you use the Google Toolbar? Most Toolbars will Install add ons.

Since you have Chrome, do you use adthwart? Adblock or adblock plus on FF? Any pop up blocker software on IE?

Maybe we can find out what the problem may be by taking a look at some of the above.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2010 Sep 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help but yes i saw the video the little flash video with the F spinning, but i believe that something else is the problem because my entire system is running slow all of a sudden and i even done virus check and nothing comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A, ok that's good on the animation. However, did you turn off the hardware acceleration that I suggested? Troubleshooting is about eliminating various things that are known to conflict. If you turn the H.A. off, for now, don't turn it back on.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i turned the HA off and i made sure the addon was enabled but still

its jerky and freezes or takes an extremely long period of time to load i've deleted spyware and stuff and that didn't

work so i'm just like you said troubleshooting now just hoping to find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You can go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back all of the files listed. That way we can make sure your Flash files are correct along with the Shockwave Flash Object you have already checked.

What Anti-Virus do you have? Any Firewall other than Windows Firewall? Is a Firewall included with your Anti-Virus?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the files are these

flash10i.ocx

flashinstall

flashutil10i_activex.dll

flashutil10i_activex

and i just now downloaded avg after this all started so that i don't believe is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ange, Those Flash files are all corrrect and as you stated before the Shockwave Flash Object was Enabled.

Look in your add ons and Disable AVG SafeSearch, AVG Security Toolbar and AVG Security Toolbar BHO. Also if you have the LinkScanner, Disable it also. To Disable the LinkScanner, open AVG from the system tray and double click on the LinkScanner and uncheck those two options and then SAVE the changes.

See if that helps. The above has caused conflicts with other users that I have worked with.

Let me know. I'm using FF right now and having a problem with the fonts! No problem on the Flash forum with IE.

Thanks

eidnolb    See what I mean, it changes and won't keep the settings. Just so you know that problems are everywhere, LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea i know what you mean that what you suggested last helped a little the main site i'm running is streamate.com just gonna get that out of the way just in case u had a problem helping me.  if you do its understandable but that is the main site that is jerky and freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think on my FF, it is a JavaScript issue and I don't have time to deal with it. I just switch over to IE.

That website that you listed, I did a search on it. In my opinion that is a great place to pick up viruses, spyware, trojans, and all kinds of infections. That is why I always search whatever links that users post here on the Forum. It is never worth the risk to me to click on any link.

My advice is that you Install a very good Anti-Virus/Spyware program that has Rootkit protection and run several full scans.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea i didn't figure you would wanna open it.  i've ran all kinds of virus stuff and even spyware stuff and it picks up either nothing or very little spyware and i fix it still with the same problems the reason i figured it was the new flash was because the problem only started after i installed 10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is a good virus protection with that rootkit thing that you would suggest. i'm using avg and spybot search and destroy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ange, The latest Flash Player update had several Security fixes as far as I could tell. I think this was related to the previous update which was on 6/10/10.

Avast has a free edition that is very good for home users. They have other editions also, go to www.avast.com and take a look.

There are web sites that are known for malware, etc. and even if you manage to clean your system, if you use the same sites that contaminated your system, you'll just pick them up again.

You only want to use one Anti-Virus. You can use more than one Anti-Spyware program, just make sure they are compatible.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I'm using Norton 360 version 4.2.0.12 It's been on the machine since i had windows reinstalled a earlier in the year. The settings are all pretty much default

I'm not using any tool bars or other addons in any of the browsers

Cheers Bils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bils42, Ok, we can rule Toolbars and their add ons out. You have no add ons in any of the browsers? If that is true, then you have no programs Installed on your system:-) They all InstallI  add ons, BHO's, ActiveX Controls, Helpers and what not into the browsers. I know of no Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware program other than Microsoft Security Essentials that do not Install their add ons, etc into the browsers. Avast does not Install add ons per se into the browsers, but they have several modules than monitor the browsers and affect it.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Apple Mac laptop (a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of memory (1067 MHz DDR3)) and have a similar issue with Flash 10.1 - ie. it's jerky and freezes... BUT only when trying to play a live stream (eg. of formula one motor racing). When one goes back and watches say the recorded highlights of the motor racing, the movie clip plays fine, ie. without any issues.

Therefore, the issue I'm experiencing with Flash 10.1 seems only to affect live streaming? The audio (ie. commentary) is fine but the picture is jerky and occasionally freezes (as already described by other contributors). This issue affects both Firefox and Safari browsers - the two browsers used on my machine... Any suggestions?

The Apple laptop is new (couple of weeks old), so it is quite disappointing to be experiencing this sort of issue - doh!

Thanks in advance.

^o^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bob... The first thing to do would be to turn off the hardware acceleration and see if that helps.

What you might try is turning off the hardware acceleration feature which is turned on by default in vs 10.1.

You can go back to that test site and right click on the Flash logo, Settings and Display Settings and UN check the H.A.

Test site: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ 

Then start a new thread and be sure to use Mac as part of your subject line. This will identify your OS. It will also bring up the other threads that involve Mac threads that are listed on the "More like this"

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb - thanks for the reply.

What I forgot to mention was that I am unable to change any of the existing Flash 10 settings - including the Enable Hardware Acceleration option - which is defaulted to being switched on - ie. box ticked. I have tried to disable this (ie. on a Mac: control -click) but none of the options work when displaying the Flash settings on one's machine? Bizarre cos it is the latest version of Flash 10.1, downloaded from the Adobe site today.

Note, I also went back and re-installed Flash 9 - which as a consequence, corrected the live streaming of the motor racing, ie. the picture was fine - with no jerky movements or pauses... Unfortunately, I use my laptop to listen to a particular (and very popular) internet radio station - which will only work with Flash 10 installed - doh! I'm therefore damned if I do and damned if I don't!

Any help greatfully accepted.

^o^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bob, Well, perhaps there is a different issue and that is why I think your own thread would be better.

You don't have to include all of what you have posted here, just pertinent info.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines