Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Question regarding scripting for check box autofill

Level 1

Hello everyone.  First, let me say many thanks to all of the users as well as admins in this forum.  As a novice LiveCycle user, I have learned an incredible amount from searching on the forum and reading from others.  Now, on to my current question......

I am using a custom form created in LiveCycle ES 8.2, and am wondering how to empower a checkbox to automatically fill in (ie. "on") based on a number inputted into a Numerical Field using a range criteria.  To be more specific, I have (5) checkboxes that will be labeled as follows:

Name: CheckBox1     < 500

Name: CheckBox2     500 - 999

Name: CheckBox3     1,000 - 1,499

Name: CheckBox4     > 1,500

Name: Checkbox5     None

I want ONLY ONE checkbox to auto fill in based upon a number that I enter into the Numerical Field (called "NumericField1").  For example, if I enter the number "889", I only want CheckBox2 to auto fill in.  Unsure what script to use in the Script Editor for this.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks so much in advance.

MJ

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You're welcome. I added a second numeric field. nf1 is user-entered optional. nf2 is calculated read-only field to mimic your form. nf2 simply takes the value of nf1. I moved the radio button logic to the calculate event of the radio button exclusion group to produce the results below. I think that is what you are after. The updated form is attached.

Untitled.png

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Is this what you are after? I used a radio button exclusion group rather than check boxes, although I made the radio buttons appear like check boxes.

Untitled.png

Steve

Level 1

Steve, thanks so much for the reply recommendation.  Yes, your recommendation worked well in performing the task I wanted.....but, unfortunately it is preventing another script that I had wanted to implement as well.  I am sure that there is a way to do both, but I don't know how to script it.  Here it goes:

the numerical field that is controlling the radio buttons iteself needs to be calculated by values which i input into other numerical fields.  Basically, I need the numerical field (which you have named "nf") to be calculated via the following script:

nf.rawValue = (29.7) * DropDownList5.rawValue * DropDownList5.rawValue * NumericField5.rawValue * DropDownList13.rawValue

I am attaching both a copy of the form as well as a sample of what the completed product looks like.

To re-iterate, I need the Field called "nf" to be calculated based on values pulled from the fields mentioned above in the formula, and I need that finished product value to control the radio boxes as you have already done.

FYI, if it would be easier for scripting purposes, the above script is for this:

GPM Flowed = (29.7) * (Orifice Flowed)squared * square root(Flow Pressure) * (Nozzle Coefficient)

Thanks again for taking the time to script exactly what I was needing for the radio buttons.

http://kmphydrants.com/downloads/Hydrant%20Inspection%20Form.pdf

http://kmphydrants.com/downloads/Hydrant%20Inspection%20Sample%20Form.pdf

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You're welcome. I added a second numeric field. nf1 is user-entered optional. nf2 is calculated read-only field to mimic your form. nf2 simply takes the value of nf1. I moved the radio button logic to the calculate event of the radio button exclusion group to produce the results below. I think that is what you are after. The updated form is attached.

Untitled.png

Steve

Level 1

Worked great sir!  Thanks again for your assistance.

Matt

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----