Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I changed my email adobe id, now e-reader fails to activate

Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my Adobe ID because of new E-mail adress. Thereafter actiavting e-reader failed. Returning Adobe id to the old new did not help.

I tried very often. I became extremely anoyed. (This is the most horrible DRM system I came accross. I found I am not allowed to change the ADOBE ID on my PC. Please learn from apple or amazon how to be make customer friendly DRM.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for ADE is offerred through the web portal - http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions (click on 'Submit a web case').  However if the problem is strictly that your device won't activate, you may have better luck contacting your device manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it is the device, which is by the way txtr on IPAD. Initially I was able activate the device/app and reading THE epub. However when changed my Adobe ID, because i moving to new Email adress, the device failed to activate. I assume it related with the lisence server. I read on various forms more people have issues with this. I use 3 devices for, this Adobe id. Which should be allowed. On the support page I do not see how contact support to check/reset the license server for netherlands. So what to do. Is there  a support Email adress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So txtr on the iPad refuses to activate when you enter in your new AdobeID?  What is the exact and complete error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After entering adobe id and password txtr lists "activating your Adobe id for this device.  After a few seconds I get a message box  says "activation failed". No other information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines