Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculate forms fields not working in Foxit

Level 1

Hi all - hopefully someone can help me out - been staring at this issue for a long time, cant fix it

Designing a form using LiveCycle, has Qty and Price fields that auto-calculate into a total. (used the "purchase order" template provided by adobe)

Works great in Adobe Reader, but when opened in Foxit reader, the fields dont calculate. just enter the qty and price and nothing happens. In fact, the Price box isn't formatted as a $ field either.

It's essential to me that my form be compatible, as many of my users are on Foxit.

Any solutions?

3 Replies

Former Community Member

At the risk of sounding flippant, and more importantly having no knowledge of Foxit, I would suggest expanding your search to http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/.

Steve

Level 1

I've searched there but have been unable to find a solution. It's a very specific problem, being that I'm using Adobe to build, but has to be compatible with Foxit. Tough to know who will have the answer?

Foxit Reader is not reading the PDF properly, i understand. But it seems to me the only solution on Foxit's end would be to update the software - that's out of my hands.

So the other solution is there's something in LiveCycle that Foxit doesn't like. I need directions on how to use LiveCycle to be cross-platform compatible. This is something I can have control over, so is my best option.

Can you help?

Level 1

Here we are about to end 2014 (the Year) and I have the exact challenge. Build in Adobe with Foxit compat required.

DId you get an answer? I'm pretty sure it's a Foxit Limitation.