• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Bar Buttons

New Here ,
May 19, 2006 May 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the default tool bar in Robohelp isn't what I want and I would like to remove some buttons and change the ordering of their display. I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks. Becky.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky and welcome to the forum!

What type of output are you producing? .chm? WebHelp? FlashHelp? JavaHelp? Other?

When we know the answer to that question, someone on the forum should be able to give you an answer.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2006 May 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH HTML you cannot change the toolbar regardless of what you are outputting.

I believe the same is true of the RH toolbars that appear in Word when used with RH for Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky,

Just to be clear about what you mean by the "default tool bar", which buttons do you want to remove or change the order of?

(Peter, I'm not ignoring your reply, but there might be some confusion in the terminology. Becky might be referring to the TOC, Index, Search, etc. buttons.)

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point Anne. I'm struggling to get back into work mode!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2006 May 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to move the About button to the far left, and remove one of the search buttons. It sounds like it can't be done. Major design flaw - I hope they change this when Robohelp becomes Flare or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2006 May 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky,

Have you looked at RoboWizard's website? Click this link to go to the site, download the Skinny on Skins file. You will find all sorts of useful information in there about skinned webhelp. Not sure about changing the position of the About button, but you can certainly banish one or both search buttons.

Post back if you can't find what you're looking for.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2006 May 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Becky,

I would suggest that you find a file called "whstart.js" in your webhelp output folder. Look for the following line:
var gsToolbarOrder = "toc|idx|fts|blankblock|banner";
Modify that line to read:
var gsToolbarOrder = "banner|toc|idx|fts|blankblock";

The about image should now appear on the left-hand side. I haven't looked into how to adjust the relative positioning, but I'm sure it is just a matter of making additional modifications to another file. Also, I suspect that you can make your changes permanent for all future projects/builds by modifying the source files (RoboHelp program files directory). I've done this with the caption of the About box. I hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yup, as documented in the Skinny on Skins file referenced by AuthorAnne yesterday in her third reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am understanding you correctly Becky, this is built right into the UI. Take a look at this: http://www.adobe.com/go/rb_44972 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ~LivingProof~

Ahhh if only it were that easy. There are simply certain things that one must climb under the RoboHood and tweak in order to get them like you want them to be. In Becky's case, this is the way it is. The UI will indeed allow you to turn certain buttons off or on and even rearrange their positioning. But the "About" button isn't one of those items.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp