Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plus/Minus Squares in .chm file

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone...

Two questions, thanks in advance for the help.  FYI:  Using RoboHelp HTML, ver 8 with a project that has multiple folders and topics; also using it in a shared environment with multiple users, using RoboSource for version control.

1.  Any ideas as to how I can enable the "Plus/Minus Squares" option in HTML Help - Advanced Settings?  I want to generate a .chm file that has the plus and minus signs next to the book icons.  I found the settings in the HTML Help Options - Microsoft HTML Help but they're grayed out.  Trying to figure out how I can enable them so I can generate the .chm with the signs in help file output.

2.  I have two topics that "disappear" everytime I go out of RoboHelp and come back in.  I need to import them each time I open the project.  I can see them in RoboSource.  I can't find any way to unhide them -- I swear there was a way to just "unhide" them from RoboSource that I've used in the past but can't remember how I did it (senior moment, that won't end....).

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I'm not sure exactly why, but this goes back to the eHelp days. In their infinite wisdom, the developers decided that you would never ever want Plus Minus Squares unless you FIRST wanted Lines From Root!

So enable the Lines From Root and the Plus Minus squares should become enabled.

On the topics you don't see, I'm wondering if at some point you saw a message about files being outside the project and therefore not being shown in RoboHelp. If so, there was a dialog with a check box you could select that says "Don't show me this again". And sure enough, you aren't seeing the message that alerts you there are missing files.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp