Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

TaskACL - Claim a task

Level 7

How does the user claim a task from another queue? I can't find a way to achieve this through Workspace.

Aditya

11 Replies

Level 10

The user, to whom you want to claim the task from, needs to share his queue.

You can check the queue sharing options under Preferences in Workspace.

Jasmin

Level 7

I shared the queue in Workspace and checked the correct ACLs. The Task doesn't appear in the user's, with whom the queue is shared, queue.

Aditya

Level 10

Did you check the "Claim" checkbox under Task Access Control List (ACL) from the properties of the user step in Workbench?

Once you've done all the changes, send a new task to see if it works.

Let's take the example that User A wants to claim a task from User B. Make sure User B shares his queue with User A.

When you login as User A, do you see User B's queue?

Jasmin

Level 7

It worked! I forgot to check "Add ACL for shared queue". One more question - When performing the task in your example what form types will retain data between users.

For example, user A wants to review user B's work.

Aditya

Level 10

"What form types will retain data between users"

I'm not sure I understand your question. When you claim a form from someone's queue, you take ownership of that task. What is the use case you're trying to accomplish?

Jasmin

Level 7

I want to route a form between three users. Each user will complete a section in the form. However, I am unable to save the information in the form, between users.

Aditya

Level 10

Make sure the "Initial Task Data" from the "Presentation & Data" section is populated with the content from the "Output Data" from the Output section of the previous user step.

Jasmin

Level 7

Sorry, I don't understand...

Aditya

Level 10

Are you thinking or routing that form by just claiming it from other people's queue?

Or you're thinking of putting three user steps in workbench for the three users?

Jasmin

Level 7

Either claiming, consulting or sharing...

Aditya

Level 10

If you claim a task, you are basically taking it from the share queue and make it your own. If User A has already entered some information in the form, then User B will see that information.

Now if User A wants it back, they need to make sure they have access to User B's queue to claim it again and make it their own.

If you use consult, then you might not have to worry about sharing. When you consult, you ask someone else to look at the form, before it comes back to you. This is more sequential in the sense the form will go to User B, and you'll have to wait for him to complete the consult action before you get it back.

Jasmin