• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Class contains overloaded method and is not supported for introspection

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to crosspost this as I already posted this question in Flex forum (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2974245#2974245) but I didn't get any answer there so I'm hoping I'll have more luck here as it is more of a Flash Builder issue.

I'm having some trouble with Flash Builder's Data Connectivity  wizard. I'm trying to generate service stubs for a Grails application.  It's Groovy code so it ends up being compiled into pure Java byte code.  I've got flex.rds.server.servlet.FrontEndServlet running fine and when I  click "Connect to Data/Service...", choose BlazeDS and hit next, I can  see my service in the list. But then when I hit "Finish", I get an error  message saying "com.epseelon.grails.blazeds.EchoService contains  overloaded method and is not supported for introspection".

Yet when I  decompile the class, here is my service class:

package org.epseelon.grails.blazeds.test;

import groovy.lang.GroovyObject;

import groovy.lang.MetaClass;

import org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter;

import org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSite;

public class EchoService

implements GroovyObject

{

private static Object transactional;

private static Object expose;

public EchoService()

{

EchoService this;

CallSite[] arrayOfCallSite = $getCallSiteArray();

MetaClass tmp12_9 = $getStaticMetaClass(); this.metaClass = ((MetaClass)ScriptBytecodeAdapter.castToType(tmp12_9, $get$$class$groovy$lang$MetaClass())); tmp12_9;

}

public String echo(String message)

{
    CallSite[] arrayOfCallSite = $getCallSiteArray(); return (String)ScriptBytecodeAdapter.castToType(arrayOfCallSite[0].call(message), $get$$class$java$lang$String());
  }

static
  {
     tmp10_7 = new Long(0L); __timeStamp__239_neverHappen1279144719333 = (Long)tmp10_7; tmp10_7;
     tmp28_25 = new Long(1279144719333L); __timeStamp = (Long)tmp28_25; tmp28_25; (EchoService.transactional = Boolean.TRUE); (EchoService.expose = ScriptBytecodeAdapter.createList(new Object[] { "blazeds" })); return;
  }

public static Object getTransactional()
  {
    return transactional;
  }

public static void setTransactional(Object paramObject)
  {
    transactional = paramObject;
  }

public static Object getExpose()
  {
    return expose;
  }

public static void setExpose(Object paramObject)
  {
    expose = paramObject;
  }
}

Note that I cannot really change a lot in this class as it's compiled from Groovy based on the following source:

package org.epseelon.grails.blazeds.test

class EchoService {

static transactional = true

static expose = ["blazeds"]

String echo(String message) {
        return message.reverse()
    }
}

Why is Flash Builder's introspector so restrictive? Why can't it just  ignore the parts it doesn't know how to deal with? Is there any workaround for this?

Note that I'm using Flash Builder 4.0.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27191 for you to track. I think the static block is causing issues. I guess as a workaround at this point you might have to handcode your service or decompile and modify and regenerate your service which is not very elegant though.

Hope this helps

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2010 Sep 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I feel the static block is not the issue.

Flash Builder just ignores it in my set up.

Can you abstract out the code and email me to balajs AT adobe DOT com ?

Thanks,

Balaji

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines