• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Create Image Map Hotspot

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2010 Sep 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a GIF image inserted into a RoboHelp HTML 8 topic and am trying to create multiple image map hotspots on the graphic. I successfully created the first hotspot (a rectangular one). When I try to create the second, the crosshair cursor displays, but when I drag with the mouse, it fails to draw a box outline. When I release the mouse, nothing happens.

This behavior is erratic. Sometimes, if I close and reopen the topic, I can draw a hotspot. Other times, if I complete exit and re-launch RoboHelp, I can draw a hotspot. Is this a bug, or is there something I can do to make it work more effectively?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 14, 2010 Sep 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Do you have many other hotspots in this topic?
  • Do you have other dynamic HTML in this topic (Related Topics, See Also, drop-down text, etc.)?
  • Have you been performing a lot of Cut/Paste operations prior to experiencing this issue?
  • Have you ever hit multiple keys in this topic and caused a RH crash?

RH places numerically identified data in the <HEAD> section for dynamic HTML entities, in addition to the related, numerically matched code that resides in the BODY section. At some point, these numeric matches can get corrupted (the old fat fingers causing a crash trick, for example). The only cure to that is to delete all the HEAD and BODY data, and then start over. Sorry.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp