Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing images (no JPEG 2000)

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2010 Sep 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I am testing ePub outputs and I am surprised now why some images aren't displayed in the final output. The format is the same for all images as they were processed using the same way. A test case can be found here: http://bilyujezd.cz/other/testcase.epub

Epubcheck gives no errors. Any idea?

Regards,

Jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Sorry misread the post.  If you look at the error.log file from DE you will see an E_PKG_IMAGE_TOO_LARGE that indicates that DE didn't like the particular image: obr/01ch21_sm.jpg .  Resaving the image in question in Photoshop fixes the problem (and then updating the .epub file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG 200 is not an OPS core media type (GIF/PNG/JPG/SVG), and won't be supported on most ePub reading platforms (including ADE).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, but I see this is misunderstanding. I've tried to point out that my file is ordinary jpeg as there are several posts which discuss problems with that jpeg 2000 format (hence 'no jpeg 2000' in the subject)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry misread the post.  If you look at the error.log file from DE you will see an E_PKG_IMAGE_TOO_LARGE that indicates that DE didn't like the particular image: obr/01ch21_sm.jpg .  Resaving the image in question in Photoshop fixes the problem (and then updating the .epub file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

thanks for this answer. I've tried the resaving image before without any progress, but now I've realized that I had replaced it in the wrong location. But why this image behaves differently is still unclear to me as they all were processed via Photoshop batch action. And many thanks for that hint about logging errors. I weren't aware of that. Btw, this option [1] could be more obvious...

Regards,

Jan

[1] http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403740.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, it turned out that the image was CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines