• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date field. Topic does not display current date

Sep 14, 2010 Sep 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp X5, webhelp

A date field is inserted on the header of topics to display a disclaimer that, if printed, material is current as of [current] date.  It's my understanding & experience that the RH project does not have to be published in order for the topic to reflect the current date.  Recently, the date has not been updating automatically (we have to publish in order to get the current date to display).

I.T. could not associate this issue to the server settings/functIon.  Any ideas of what could be causing this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bug was reported in RoboHelp 8 where date fields with alpha characters show as Feb etc in the dialog and do not update on adding to a topic or forced update. Numeric dates appear to be correct on adding to a topic.

This was found to be a a problem only when the month is  September. I am wondering if this is one of those curios that has been around for a long time but no one has spotted it before.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp