• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many activations - Please advise

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently format my laptops. After the lastet format, I installed Digital Editions and in the activation process I got the dreaded:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate ...

error message.  I've spent over one (1) hour with Adobe's support staff (Case #0204305157) on the web chat system with no results. My only request is simple:

- Please reset the counter

Somewhere in Adobe there is a counter that keeps track of activations. Activations of my laptop? Of my Adobe-ID? Of a combination of the machine and the Adobe-ID? I do not know. I do know that the counter has reached its maximum and now I cannot activate. I am simply asking for this counter to reset and Adobe's support seems to not understand the question.

So can anybody help me rephrase the question so that they understand what I want and give me a definite answer?

PS: I do not consider Case #0204305157 resolved. Adobe's staff does this after directing me to the Forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Support through ADE is not offered via phone or Web Chat support.  It is only offered through submitting a web case (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions - click on 'Submit a web case').  Avereage resolution time for these cases runs about 3 days.

Note: you have 6 activations (for computers, and then 6 seperate activations for devices) and each time you reformat you lose your activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines