Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH7.03.001

Does anyone know how to quickly remove all text formatting?  I am trying to implement new stylesheets, but have a project that has always used inline styles.

The only way I seem to be able to remove the formatting is to change all text to 'default paragraph font' and then 'none' and then select the correct style - but even this needs frequent manual changes to the HTML. There has to be a quicker way?

Thanks

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Hi,

Just to make sure that we're talking about the same thing: With inline styling, you mean that in the HTML you see: style="some text"?

If so, the easiest way is to use a find and replace operation. You can completely remove the styling, but you can also change certain styles with classnames so you can use your css. To do this, you obviously need to know a bit about HTML (as you probably do). Backup your project before doing anything like this though. You can wreck your project in seconds.

If by

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just to make sure we're talking about the same: With inline styles, you mean that in html you see something like: style="some text"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes exactly.

i recently took over this project. the previous authors have used something like 10 different styles for 'normal text' (including different fonts, font sizes, colours, etc). I have been charged with simplifying the stylesheet to make the whole project more legible.

My stylesheet does not map the myriad of old styles. I kindof expected there to be a 'remove formatting' tool similar to the one found in MS Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just to make sure that we're talking about the same thing: With inline styling, you mean that in the HTML you see: style="some text"?

If so, the easiest way is to use a find and replace operation. You can completely remove the styling, but you can also change certain styles with classnames so you can use your css. To do this, you obviously need to know a bit about HTML (as you probably do). Backup your project before doing anything like this though. You can wreck your project in seconds.

If by inline styling, you mean styles selected from the style chooser menu, you must see something like class="some text", you're in luck. Don't bother with this, leave it be. If your style sheet doesn't containt a style definition for this class, the default style for the element will be used. For instance:

If a regular paragraph is 10 points bold, you may have a paragraph with the class unbolded. (In HTML <p class="unbolded".) It there is no style definiotion for the paragraph unbolded, the paragraph will be styled as a regular paragraph. If the paragraph is incorrectly styled, simply remove the corresponding style (p.unbolded) from your css.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam

That is great.  Thank you very much.  What has brought this whole thing about is the topic rendering differently in IE and Firefox, where Firefox seems to be much more picky about the style.  For example, IE will display the text correctly (my normal <p> style is Verdana x-small black), in Firefox the same text renders in Arial 8pt. an example of the HTML is below...

"<p class=Indent1><font style="font-family: Arial;" face=Arial><font style="font-size: x-small;" 
 size=2>" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Firefox seems to be much more picky

Sure you don't mean "much better" 🙂

My best advice is to simply delete all inline styling using a find and replace operation...

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp