• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to change the display time in Captivate 5...

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to shorten the length of a slide either in properties or by clicking the end and dragging it, like in Captivate 4, it keeps going back to the original time.  Normally I record a demonstration and when I am done adding the effects and the voice I have to shorten or lengthen a slide, but I am unable to do this in CP5.  Please help.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If the slide is longer than 3 sec you can change the 'Display time' in the Properties panel, General section too. But here you cannot get below 3 sec. Dragging in the timeline allows me to go below 3 sec, but you have first to shorten the timeline of the objects before you can change the duration of the slide. To be sure I just tried again and was able to get to a minimum time of 0.1 sec with that workflow. In the screenshot it is 0.3 sec. If you have FMR, video or audio however the duration of that object will be responsable for the duration of the slide.

ShortDuration.jpg

Hope it works for you too, cannot explain why it is not possible with the Properties panel, which will show correctly the duration after you changed it with the Timeline.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out.  You have to use the FMR edit option in properties.  In the Options drop down, select trim and the start time and end time of the section you want to trim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

That was something I couldn't know, that is why I added in my answer that if you have FMR, audio, video the length of this object will be the length of the slide. And was it previously possible to trim a FMR by just dragging the end of the slide? This was misleading for me.

Glad you figured it out.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources