• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Move Project Files

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 8 and when I opened my project today, my project files had reogranized themselves.  When attempting to drag and drop to put them in the correct order, the file will drag, but does not drop.  I drop it and it does not move to the new location in the project files of the project manager.  Additionally, when regenerating the toc, not all the project file folder appear in the toc, only some of the files show up in the toc when I auto generate.  It was working fine yesterday and then today it is broken.  Any idea on how I can fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your project based? Network or local drive? Make sure it is always on a local drive.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is saved on a local drive.  Why is this important?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because RH projects on network drives are a big no-no - eventually you will suffer much grief if they are located there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am resurrecting this post - 5 long years later - because I am having the same problem in RH 11 on Windows 7.  Yes, the project is on my local drive.

I created a new topic at the top level of the project and want to move it into a folder. This file simply will not drop in the appropriate folder in the Project Manager, whether the folder is collapsed or expanded. It will drop into other folders, but not this one. I was able to drop another file into that folder.  What in the world is this about? I've saved all files, quit RoboHelp, and restarted it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gloria,

Try renaming the file (just a simple addition of a character will do) , save project and try moving again.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Craig. Your suggestion worked! One more way to outsmart RH. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp