• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML 7 Not Appearing In Windows 7 Start Menu

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2010 Sep 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have W7, 64Bit. When I run RH7 HTML, it never appears in my recent list of programs run in the Start Menu.  Other programs do, but RH7 does not. I have my Start menu properties set at the highest number of recent programs and jumps allowed. I also cleared many of my recent programs so room could be made for it to appear.

Not sure if this is a RoboHelp 7 question or a Windows forum question. Just thought I'd see if anyone else ran into the same issue.

Thanks

Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shawn

I think I'd ask the question as well in a Windows forum just to be on the safe side.

Additionally, I suppose it's possible that some type of special coding is required for applications to register themselves with Windows.

Out of curiosity, you are able to make Windows 7 work with RoboHelp 7? I ask because I never could on my own Windows 7 64 bit system. I ended up installing the Microsoft Virtual Machine with XP mode to do that.

I would also encourage you to report as a Bug to Adobe. While I'm pretty certain it won't have any effect on seeing a patch emerge for RoboHelp 7, it will at least put the issue on the radar for Adobe to monitor with any future versions of RoboHelp.

And as a last item, you may wish to configure your Taskbar so that you have the Quick Launch bar. That makes it super easy to launch items. Ether that or try pinning the item. I'm not all that fond of pinning yet.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick:

Thanks.

RH7 seems to work under W7 64Bit. I still have the issue with the glossary not appearing (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/715196?tstart=0) but I am going through copying and pasting from notepad back into my glossary to see if it was bad characters. I will update that thread hopefully today with an answer.

I will report this issue as a bug to Adobe and also ask on a Windows 7 forum.

Quick launch - Done it.

Pin - This seemed to work by dragging the RH HTML shortcut from All Programs over "Back" and then in the list and selecting Pin. Windows does not remember last open files though in the Pin location but the link stays.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2010 Sep 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug. See Snippets on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:

Thanks. I looked under this topic but don't see the answer. I see how to configure it, but not why its not working. Either I'm misisng it or maybe have the wrong snippet. This topic also referenced to XP and I am running W7. I didn't know Microsfot changed this that might affect the answer.

Why doesn't RoboHelp appear in the recently used list in the Start menu?

Blame Microsoft!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282066/EN-US/

Thanks

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shawn

I too scoured Peter's excellent site and was mystified at where the answer was. I was also unable to find anything that advised why.

I believe Peter is on holiday (vacation for US folks) so it may be a while before he can pop back in to offer further guidance.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2010 Sep 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Snippet 124.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Peter! Thanks for popping in!

I think the issue here is that Microsoft caused the KB article to perform a disappearing act.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What it amounted to was that certain strings of text are excluded and one of them is "help". For that reason RoboHelp gets excluded by Windows.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2010 Sep 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter:

Thank you.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp