• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 7 Install. Error 1603. Unable to detect PowerPoint

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP and Office 2010. When attempting to install Adobe Presenter, I get:

Adobe Presenter 7
Error:
Error 1603. Error - Unable to detect Microsoft PowerPoint. You must have PowerPoint installed on this machine prior to running this installation program.

Office 2010 is installed. Any thoughts on how I can get Adobe to recognize it?

Many thanks!

AC

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherpa.

Adobe has not conducted formal testing, but initial results indicate that Adobe Presenter 7 software is currently not compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint 2010. During the Adobe Presenter 7 software installation process, Presenter checks for the presence of a compatible version of Microsoft PowerPoint and will not install if a compatible version is not found. Adobe is currently investigating the development of a future update to make Presenter 7 compatible with Office 2010. At this point in time MS Office 2010 is not compatible with Presenter 7. You need to use MS Office 2007, Office XP or Office 2003.

Hope this information was helpful.

Regards,

Bobby Johnson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We curently have a beta for Presenter with support for PPT 2010. If you would like to be considered for the beta, please drop me an email. shameer at adobe dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shameer,

do you have any idea when it is a update available?

I have eight brand new Presenter 7 but only W7/Office 2010 PCs.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, if you can get it to install. I've done a couple PPT 2010 presentations with Presenter 7.

Any suggestions on how to get Presenter to install without this check? I had to reinstall and it won't work (I had both 2007 and 2010 at one point, I uninstalled 2007, and now can't reinstall)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do have a similar problem. Since yesterday an update for Presenter is available? I do use the eLS2, but cannot install the Presenter version coming with this suite because my laptop only has Office 2010 installed. This means I cannot update to the new version either. Is there a workaround, please?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My situation with this is thus:

Originally had Win 7 with Office 2007 and Presnter 7 working fine. I installed Office 2010 on top of 2007 without replacing 2007 to see how well they co-existed on the same machine. Well all the add-ins come over to 2010 when you do that. So the first thing I do when I got a project involving Adobe Presenter is to fire up 2010 to see if it worked and it made the whole thing crash whenever I tried to do editing. Fortunately my work was still accessible using PowerPoint 2007 with the add-in there.

With the news that update 7.0.6 was released with support for 2010:

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucbb/viewtopic.php?id=4162

I went to check for the update in the presenter help menu and updated it from PowerPoint 2010 and it works so far. So I go to a test machine that only has 2010 installed on it to try out how the installer works and I get the same error: " Unable to detect PowerPoint"

It would seem that the only thing that Adobe needs to do is fix the dang installer so that it knows that it can work with 2010. So the workaround if you have the ability is to find an older copy of PowerPoint (2003-2007) and install that temporarily alongside PPT 2010 so that the COM add-in will get registered on the system and be picked up by 2010.

Adobe are you listening? Could you update your installer program??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through the posts and I'd like to know if there is now (May 2012) a solution for a system configured with Windows 7 OS with 2010 PowerPoint and on a 64-bit system?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I need it right away for a new job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to test Presenter for my work.  Please contact me if you can assist with getting it to talk with Powerpoint 2010.  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FixMyDocs​

This thread is four years old and not relevant to the current version of Presenter. Please start a new thread with a description of the issues you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobby and Shameer,

Thank you both for your responses.

I'm disappointed, but I will see if I am eligible for the Beta. I know of one person who has Presenter working on Windows7 with Office2010. If I can I'll give Windows 7 a try.

So I have two options.

Many thanks,

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick point on 7.0.6:

As of right now, 9-9-10, the presenter update can only be downloaded and installed via the Updates within the "Help" menu (Presenter tab). UH Hello!

If you can't access the Presenter tab in the first place in 2010, it isn't going to help at all.[That is right it is not even on the update download page.]

My assumption is that the 7.0.6 patch is just a fix for issues prior to 2010.

Rant:

I just love the fact that I get to install another update on every PC using Presenter, because we just can't have a one install all fix from the Connect Server. #$%#@%. When Macromedia was around this would have been fixed a lot sooner. At least they were willing to talk to you directly vs the phone tree from India. Anyone else loosing their loyalty? This is just plain disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my sentiments exactly.You need not complain to me. As patches and updates come out they ought to be integrated within the original installer...which is why the goofy workaround was suggested for the original poster 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to do is sniff the executable URI and copy it to a writable location.

If the installer still complains, using SuperOrca, drop LaunchConditions, CheckToSeeIfPPOpen, and NoUpgradeonVista under InstallUISequence.

C'mon, this is so easy. Any kindergartener can do this!

Now, I just need to borrow an 8th grader to magically spawn the Adobe Presenter source code and compiled binaries, which are compatible with the 64-bit PowerPoint version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2010 Sep 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Presenter 7.06 is released here temporarily until it can be posted on the update site:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/866/cpsid_86629.html

This addresses the Office 2010 support issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDrmmond wrote:

Adobe Presenter 7.06 is released here temporarily until it can be posted on the update site:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/866/cpsid_86629.html

This addresses the Office 2010 support issue.

No it doesn't. It can't be installed on a PC that has Office 2010. Because it needs to have the earlier version of Presenter installed first. Which can't be installed on a PC that has Office 2010.

Any chance of real office 2010 support while it's still 2010?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2010 Sep 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this link. I think this address the issue.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85348.html

Regards,

Bobby Johnson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only works with 32-bit Office 2010. It still doesn't work with 64-bit Office 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter is a 32-bit program and will not install into Office 2010 64 bit. There are no updates for 64 bit Office support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2010 Oct 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have posted a solution to this problem, please see other posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is the post location http://forums.adobe.com/thread/733776?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to Regedit
2. Navigate to the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\Install Root]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office 2010\\Office14\\"
3. Export the Key (this key only)
4. Open it in Notepad and EDIT the path 14.0 to 12.0 (only change the first 14 in the path, not both)
5. Save the file
6. Imprt back into the registry
7. Install Presenter 7 without it complaining

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]

becomes

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot]

Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2011 Mar 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for your entry.  I'm glad you added another solution in a positive way to help others. Thanks for that additional item.

There is an update to Presenter under development that will include a new installer to cover all updates. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, if you have an problem after using the official installer for MS Office 2010 32-bit below, then please call into Adobe Support so they can help you.

Official link:  http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/09/ms-powerpoint-2010-support-in-adobe-presenter.html

We're working on improving Adobe Presenter. We value your advice and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources