• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

any way to get Illustrator CS5 to display full screen mode like Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to get Illustrator's screen modes to behave like Photoshop's screen modes?

One of the things I like most about Photoshop is the way it toggles from standard screen mode to "full screen with menu bar" to just "full screen".

For example, in Photoshop's standard mode, the window is no bigger than the size of the canvas. Why can't Illustrator do that?

And, is there anyway to get Illustrator CS5 to display the full screen mode where the background outside the artboard or canvas is black instead of white. Working in Illustrator for long hours, it would much easier on my eyes if the surrounding background could be black like in Photoshop.

Thanks very much in advance for any help,

- Nick

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

At the bottom of the Tool bar is a toggle button (F) which will change the Screen Mode.

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Tool bar is a toggle button (F) which will change the Screen Mode.

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Documents and their sizes are somewhat different in Photoshop and Illustrator. Illy has one big document, art boards only define areas that will be printed. You can't define a background color in Illy. If you want to have something black, you'll have to create an object with a black fill.

Toggle between screen modes in Illy by hitting F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG you just saved my life! Thank youuu!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new illustrator you can go to "view" and at the bottom is full screen mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JeanetteLW  schrieb

In the new illustrator you can go to "view" and at the bottom is full screen mode

I don't see that in mine.

Also: this question has been posted 8 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines