Exit

Cannot authorize Adobe Digital Editions - E_AUTH_NO_AUTHRESP

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anyone,

When trying to authorize my computer through ADE I get the following error:-

Error communicating with AdobeID server. Please try again later.

E_AUTH_NO_AUTHRESP http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/AddSignInDirect me@me.com

The "chat" support have not been able to do anything more than point me to the help (oddly enough, I'd read all that before "chatting")

I thought that it may be a replication problem, or time lag, but it has been a few hours now. Maybe the AdobeID Server is down, but I would expect a downtime notification at least, and I can navigate to http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/AddSignInDirect.

Has anyone else had this problem, today or ever?

Thanks

Stuart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem, been trying to setup things up for about five hours now....

Again, no information is available in help. If you try authorising through the Sony software you get the -2999 error...

The whole adept drm thing is a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem!  Have tried changing my Adobe id and password and uninstalling and reinstalling ADE.  Nothing works.  I can't find anyone else with the same issue on these boards, so maybe the Adobe server is down this morning?  Please repost if you solve the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart,

I had this exact same problem. I changed my password to be sure I had the correct one, that didn't help. I logged in at my account, which worked with my new password. There I learned that Adobe has a chat function. Kibria gave me the same link to that forum, but this problem isn't solved there...

GRRR... very annoying.

I'm going to start a new chat and ask about the server. And to tell that the link doesn't make any sense.

Hieke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've raised a real support call.

I've tried 3 different email addresses now too. No joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just submitted a ticket too. Now let's hope someone at Adobe's is able to solve this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to pile on... I too am getting the message "E_AUTH_NO_AUTHRESP http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/AddSignInDirect" when trying to authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes have had the same problem and I have one unhappy wife now because she cant read.

server is not happy by the looks of things

entered username xxxxxxx  pasword xxxxxxx and the same happens.

haveyou adany joy yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error on my brand-new Mac. Good to know that at least I am not alone and won't waste any more time on this today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted their customer support located in Inida via chat - their server is down and it per customer support, should be up in 24 hours.  They want everyone to open up a WEBCASE to send to their technical department.  I was a teamlead with my company that develops software so they could not BS me.  As I stated to them, the issue really is that they are located in India and the servers are here in the US and they cannot reboot them until US working hours as this issue does not warrant calling in someone to actually do it over the weekend.  Good luck to everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution for everyone... but also am getting this error.  I have tried the following.  Installing/Uninstalling, new adobe account, help chat. (which was no help at all.  It looks to me like the authentication server is not responting (NO_RESP)... I told this to the chat support person, they just kept pointing me to this forum.  I am glad to see I am not alone in my frustration and in the fullness of time I am hoping that Adobe will actually restart their authorization server, or do whatever is necessary to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the problem here.

Ive submitted a bug report. What I find odd is that we can still sign in to sites using the AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that I am not allone ... Just one question (probablly not very smart ) Is there only one server for the us and Europe? I'm in UK and have the same problem.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in th UK too.

The most disappointing thingi s the lack of communication from Adobe. Surely the offshore support guys have a method of escalating wide reaching failures. Saying that, am I to assume that we (the afflicted) are all registering for the first time? Are existing users OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an existing user and cannot access neither, I mean, I'm trying to access from another computer and can't synch. And the file I had in the old computer can't be read... I'm also in the UK and REALLY need to study from the pdf I have in this stupid thing.

It's sunday, and US is just now awakening, so I don't think there will be anybody from Adobe helping us today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to the pile, I'm having the same issue.  Is it possible to cancel this activation wizard and then run it later?  Or should I just leave it on and try again later / uninstall it and try it later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possible, but you would not be able to synch any

further devices i.e. your eReader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what I meant was, can I cancel the activation and then run it later, say tomorrow, without reinstalling the whole program?  Or do I just need to uninstall it and try again tomorrow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can activate it tomorrow without un- and re- installing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't just a problem for Europe.  I'm in Iowa and still receive the E_AUTH_NO_AUTHRESP http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/AddSignInDirect message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...And people wonder why Steve Jobs dislikes Adobe. My boss is also trying to get me to use Audition as a firm wide piece of software, but I am sticking with Audacity.

As for the ADE error, it also happens if you try to set up the official Sony software as its the same product with a modified front end.

What a load of rubbish!

If my server went down & I had this may on here moaning, I would be out sorting it, not waiting until someone in the US can be bothered to go into work.

Adobe, your customer Service is non existant!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and error with my Windows 7 laptop and new PRS600.  I can read any books on the reader software or my unit.  Talking on chat support and calling the ereader support line, apparently their call center is saying the server is down.  I am told the Adobe server tech support folks are not in until tomorrow.  Unbelievable that a company their size with sales for all their products is allowing a server to be down until someone gets in on a weekday!  I hope they make an exception soon; this has been going on since yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe we are now fixed?

For me in the UK it works,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You should try now.  I am in Texas, USA.  It appears to be working.  I now am able to read books on my laptop with Windows 7 and on my Reader.  I also made a purchase thru the ebookstore site and it works too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the true answer to the question is, "Wait until America comes online and someone can be arsed to reboot the server."

Enjoy all!

Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines