Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

compatibility issue JDK 1.5.0 ?

May 22, 2006 May 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was trying to create object for my class and keep on getting unsupported major.minor version 46.0 error , then downloaded JDK 1.5.0 , In administrator changed path for JVM trying to start the service its not starting at all . nothing could i find in log files either . Does any one know whats going on ?

Loads of Thanks in advance

Yousaf
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion MX 6/7 does not yet support the use of JVM 1.5. Ideally, you should compile your class with a 1.4 java SDK and then run on 1.4.2 JVM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks serat : Any comments on this ? please have a look at the comments posted by Samson

http://www.forta.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=A61BAA93-3048-80A9-EF7306C155FD29F4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ColdFusion is not supported to run on JVM 1.5 at this time.

That is not to say that you cannot make it run on JVM 1.5 (partially). There are features that will not work on that JVM, although you may not realize it immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation