• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

persistant ebook downloading error

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had ADE for a while, but hadn't used it lately. I very recently bought a Nook and was eager to download library books. Unfortunately, from both the Overdrive site AND from the Adobe Sample ebook Library, every time I try to download a book, I receive the swame error message:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'URLLINK[2].acsm' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example,

it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

After "troubleshooting," I tried downloading updates to ADE. Still didn't work. I then unistalled and reinstalled ADE - twice. STILL the same error message. When I look for support from Overdrive, it sends me to my "local library." I work at the local library. That won't help. Are there any ideas out there as to how to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the error message you have Adobe Reader set up to handle .acsm files.  You need to get ADE to be the application of choice for the .acsm files.  The details for this vary by OS.   On the Mac select a .acsm file, select Get Info - look in the Open With section, select Adobe Digitial Edtions, and then press the Change All... button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines