Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Development Env: Vis Basic ->C# "Convert *.h files to C# format?"

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2010 Sep 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The help project started out being developed in Visual Basic and is a merged HTML help project with eight children projects and context sensitive help (map IDs,etc).

We need to move all of the content to one large WebHelp project. No more merged help "goodness."  The developers state that they need to have the *.h files (which contain the map IDs/topic names) converted to a C# format. We held a short meeting to look over the help and to peruse the RoboHelp 8 GUI to see if there are menu options or utilities to do this. We did  not find any.

Question: Is there a way to convert the *.h files into a C# format?

Question: How can I carry over the TOC organization of each child project and preserve it in the new master TOC? Is that possible? I am reading about importing topics into the new master project but does that retain the structure of subtopic (purple books,etc). Or once I import all of those *.htm topics do I have to manually restore the organization? That would be a huge chore.

My environment:

RoboHelp 8

Windows XP SP2

(i.e., Technical Comm Suite)

Any suggestions to the questions are helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

I happened across a RoboHelp Developer Resource last week...which may help you out. http://www.adobe.com/devnet-archive/robohelp/

I know VBA to C# conversions are pretty easy in Office 10 and Visual Studio: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/csharpfaq/archive/2010/09/28/converting-a-vba-macro-to-c-4-0.aspx

The multilevel hierarchy in the TOC (.hhc file) is just a nested list of xml tags that you should be able to manually edit. You can use UltraEdit to help with relative paths if topics are in different folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp