3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2010 10:33 PM by Bill@VT RSS

PDF no longer shows up as a printer

zyxi

I found a 2009 question here that said it has to do with either Windows or Acrobat updates, but I couldn't find the solution on the site the answer linked to.

I'm using Acrobat 9 Pro in Vista Home Premium 64 bit, and I just installed some updates. I want to print a webpage as a PDF. How do I get Acrobat listed as a printer again?

• 1. Re: PDF no longer shows up as a printer
          Bill@VT CommunityMVP

Updates of Acrobat? Acrobat is currently at AA9.3.4. Can you open Acrobat? If you go to the START>Printer site, does the Adobe PDF printer appear (or even any other printer)?

Sometimes, you need to reboot when the printers seem to go away. At least that is what worked for me a few years back on VISTA.

• 2. Re: PDF no longer shows up as a printer
            zyxi Community Member

Thanks, the problem is solved.

I never had trouble opening Acrobat or the Print dialog box when I clicked on the printer icon. I rebooted, as you suggested, and the PDF printer still didn't show up, but this time when I went into the Print dialog box I think I clicked on Find Printer, then Add a local printer and then Create a new port and chose as Type of port Adobe PDF Port Monitor. Acrobat updated itself after I did that. I guess it wasn't one of the programs that had just updated when the problem happened.

Thanks for your suggestions.

• 3. Re: PDF no longer shows up as a printer
              Bill@VT CommunityMVP

I guess I helped, but you came up with the solution. Glad it worked.