• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FB keeps on refreshing and building

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know exactly what happened, but since my Flex code generator regenerated some of my Flex classes, FB seems to get into some annoying refresh & build loops.

It builds (build automatically is turned on) and refreshes, then builds and refreshes again, and again, ...

When I turn off auto building, and build the project all is well.

I then turn auto build on again, some saves later it gets into that cycle again.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have another Eclipse builder (Project properties -> Builders) that updates a file in the project?

Can you post your Flash Builder log file? (workspace/.metadata/.log)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only builder thats in there is Flex, which is ticked.

How do I post the log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it isn't too big, you can post the contents inline in your reply.

Or you can either attach the file (or is attaching still disabled?) as a .txt file to your reply or post it on Adobe share.

Cheers,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S: Adobe share - https://acrobat.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://acrobat.com/#d=aSl0AuIIGnonBUGiVHWMqw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see two problems here:

1. At some point, the Subclipse plugin was running into an error preventing Flash Builder from creating the output directory. The side effect of this would be the exact problem you are facing.

2. When you changed a compiler setting, it was unable to overwrite the existing HTML wrapper file - html-template/history/history.css.

The second is definitely a bug on our side, we should be handling this more gracefully. Would it be possible to file a bug for this? Or if you could recall what setting you changed in the compiler property change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply.

Please file a bug yourself, I have wasted enough time on reporting > 10 bugs (none resolved so far) without any improvement for me.

Re the compiler setting I can only recall fixing the source path for the data-vis components, which is broken by default.

Let me know what other info you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anirudh, did you file a bug report? Wow, cool font now that I copied your name from your profile..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Not yet. Like you suspected in the other posts, many of us are really busy with MAX.

I've flagged this though and will file the bug and circle back with the id here.

P.S: Cool font indeed.

Cheers,

-

Anirudh

Flash Builder Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2010 Oct 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, cheers.

To be honest, what I find quite frustrating though, is the fact that actual business application development does not happen with the latest and greatest features of Flex (like you are show-casing at MAX).

We build stuff with 3.5, and while Adobe throws a great amount of energy at running ahead by including more features and cool things into their tools, they oversee that the road they have created, and which is being wandered on by thousands of developers, is still pretty bumpy.

Before we ask for more cool stuff, we want the tooling and the SDK to be usable. And that means fixing those thousands of bugs that we report to Adobe.

Just closing and deferring them is not the solution, although it might be a very attractive solution for your product leads.

We pay good money for your software products, and honestly, the support we get in this forum is moderate. I can easily paste here tens of links to bugs and forum posts that just dont get answered or processed.

When I compare this to other solution providers, lets say the IBM ILOG Flex Components, then I have to say the difference is dramatic. Their forum help is nothing short of fantastic. Within days they have answered all of my questions -- with code samples and really good explanations, too.

Please feel free to forward this to Mr Shorten or other product leads, since I know that throwing my frustration at you is not fair.

Regards

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyway, the refresh/build problem just occured again. I checked my log, but the last entry in there is from yesterday, so it seems to happen without a log message being generated.

I was working on some code in a library project, that is linked from our main project. The main project keeps on refreshing and building.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines