Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing activation on MAC

Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a book which needed digital edition.  I did not know that my husband had already downloaded Digital Edition and activated with his login on my Macbook Pro.  I downloaded Digital Edition to my MAC and activated it with my login.  I cannot see the book I downloaded.  How do I change the activation back to his login so I can see the book?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, hope it helps...

Q: I receive the error "Error              getting license" or "License fulfilled by a different user"
A:

1. Deauthorize Adobe Digital              Editions

a. Open Adobe Digital Editions

b. On your keyboard, simultaneously              press the Ctrl, Shift, and D buttons (if on Windows) or the Cmd,              Shift, and D buttons (if on a Mac)

c. Click the button that says              Deauthorize Computer

When you do this, close Digital Editions and upon restarting it, it should ask you to authorize with a current or new account. I hope this helps. I went through a similar problem on a PC so it might not be the same, but worth a shot.
Be careful not to activate / reactivate the computer and or devices too many times, or you will have to contact customer support to increase your allowable activations of which the default is 6 computers, and 6 devices.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That worked.

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 06:49:30 -0600

To: czagula@hotmail.com

Subject: Changing activation on MAC

Try this, hope it helps...

Q: * I receive the error "*Error getting license" or "License fulfilled by a different user"

A:

1. Deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions

a. Open Adobe Digital Editions

b. On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Ctrl, Shift, and D buttons (if on Windows) or the Cmd, Shift, and D buttons (if on a Mac)

c. Click the button that says Deauthorize Computer

When you do this, close Digital Editions and upon restarting it, it should ask you to authorize with a current or new account. I hope this helps. I went through a similar problem on a PC so it might not be the same, but worth a shot.

Be careful not to activate / reactivate the computer and or devices too many times, or you will have to contact customer support to increase your allowable activations of which the default is 6 computers, and 6 devices.

Good Luck!

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it. Happy reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines